When you abolish a Registry, Cops get killed. - Moncton shooting.

Started by Grey Fox, June 04, 2014, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2014, 10:39:47 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2014, 10:27:08 PM
How would the registry stopped this?

Seedy alluded to it in a different thread.

If a guy's acting a little nutty, then he goes and buys a gun, you can cross reference the sale and the nuttiness.  Then, presumably, you take the gun back or your throw him in the skull ranch.

Define nutty. Who makes that determination? How much nutty is too nutty?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 07:39:13 AM
Quote from: sbr on June 04, 2014, 11:22:43 PM
At least it was just cops that got shot.

CdM incomming in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

We all know sbr is a Martinus cunt clone.  No surprises there.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2014, 10:07:01 AM

Beats the hell out of me.  Ask Seedy.

Grey Fox

Quote from: 11B4V on June 05, 2014, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2014, 10:39:47 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2014, 10:27:08 PM
How would the registry stopped this?

Seedy alluded to it in a different thread.

If a guy's acting a little nutty, then he goes and buys a gun, you can cross reference the sale and the nuttiness.  Then, presumably, you take the gun back or your throw him in the skull ranch.

Death Panels.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Guy is still on the run.

That whole town is on lock-down. What a horrible situation.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2014, 11:06:30 AM

Fuck you.

Maybe not the best way for him to have put it, but would you have preferred civilian casualties?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

It's ok when cops or soldiers die because it is part of the plan.

Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan."
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
It's ok when cops or soldiers die because it is part of the plan.

Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan."

Sounds reasonable.  Do you have a newsletter?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2014, 09:32:39 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-in-moncton-shooting-1.2665359

QuoteThe New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers have been killed and two have been wounded in a shooting in Moncton, N.B.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24, after at least two people were shot. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

"There is an active shooter in the Moncton area. We're asking residents to stay in their homes and lock their doors," said Rogers-Marsh.

At 10:05 p.m. AT RCMP said the shooter was near the Costco.

The Horizon Health Network has confirmed on Twitter that the Moncton Hospital has received two patients with gunshot wounds. The hospital is restricting visitors to those with "critically ill family members."

The RCMP are advising people in the Hildegard Drive and Ryan Road area to stay inside "due to an ongoing shooting in the area."

The RCMP tweeted at 9:35 p.m. that the shooter is believed to be in the woods near Pinehurst Park.

Motorists were warned to avoid the Plaza Boulevard area.

Parts of Wheeler Boulevard are cordoned off and traffic on Mountain Road is backed up.

A police helicopter is flying in the area.

There is a picture of the shooter on the linked page.

The registry has been abolished for hunting rifles only.  The guy has a semi-automatic, something likely on the restricted access list, for wich there is registry and you can't just buy at your local Wal-Mart.

Also given that the registry was officially abolished last year, when the Feds destroyed all the data, except for Quebec, it is likely, if it is hunting rifle, that it was bought legally and registered as per the laws of the time.

EDIT:
Ok, the sale appears to be legal, so long as you have the proper license:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_and_Acquisition_Licence

Wich means, the gun and its owner are registered.  People say it's either a M14 or M305.  M14 is prohibited since 1992, M305 is legal to own, provided you have your PAC.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

If I had ten billion dollars, one of the things I'd do is offer to fund firearms for liberals and the training to use them in both individual and small unit situations.
Kinemalogue

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on June 05, 2014, 04:34:50 PM
If I had ten billion dollars, one of the things I'd do is offer to fund firearms for liberals and the training to use them in both individual and small unit situations.

I would have thought you would fund the teaching of the Communist Manifesto in public schools to "show that it is true".  At least that is the sort of thing I heard Billionaires in the States do these days - although with other works.

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on June 05, 2014, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2014, 11:06:30 AM

Fuck you.

Maybe not the best way for him to have put it, but would you have preferred civilian casualties?

This was my point, but I intentionally worded it as badly as I could just to be a dick.

I am no fan of cops, but I am sad to hear this news and wish the best for their coworkers, friends and families.

DGuller

:hmm: What about troika situations?

Monoriu

If I had ten billion dollars, I would make sure no one knows about it.