Russia, China to create joint rating agency

Started by Syt, June 03, 2014, 08:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/03/russia-china-ratings-idUKL6N0OK1HS20140603?feedType=RSS&feedName=rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews

QuoteRussia, China to create joint rating agency

(Reuters) - Russia and China have reached an agreement to create a joint rating agency that will begin its work by evaluating common investment projects, Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said on Tuesday.

Speaking during a trip to China, Siluanov told journalists that the new agency will be modelled on existing rating agencies.

"We would like (the agency's) ratings to be apolitical," Siluanov said in comments sent by the ministry's press service.

In late April, Standard and Poor's rating agency cut Russia's sovereign rating to a notch above junk, just weeks after Moscow annexed Ukraine's Crimea peninsula
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

That just tells me that they think ratings should be political and consequently they want a ratings agency to give them politicized ratings
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Ed and I have rated each other accordingly. :jeffandakbar:

mongers

"The West Sucks"

See,that wasn't so hard; wonder if I could sell them this confidential rating for a couple of million ?   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

It'll be amusing to watch when China pulls the plug on them, as they always do.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 03, 2014, 09:14:59 AM
Ed and I have rated each other accordingly. :jeffandakbar:

I had you at AAA, but I saw those nasty comments about me.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive