News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Highest win for Germany at a World Cup: 2002, 8-0 against Saudi-Arabia.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2014, 04:42:33 PM
This is historic.

Also funny... the CBC's screen graphic for listing the goals is too small, so they have to use scrolling text to show the times for all 7.

Yeah, it's the international broadcast's problem - we see it here, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

I don't know if having Neymar and Thiago Silva on the pitch would've changed the outcome.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Hansmeister

Quote from: Pedrito on July 08, 2014, 04:48:32 PM
I don't know if having Neymar and Thiago Silva on the pitch would've changed the outcome.

L.

Egged on by their fans, Brazil played far too offensive against Germany.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Hansmeister

Brazil is making a comeback!

Liep

Here we go, there's still injury time left.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on July 08, 2014, 04:51:56 PM
Here we go, there's still injury time left.

It's rare that you get 200 hours of stoppage time.
And armed police shooting the opposing side.

Syt

Well, that was a rather pleasant evening.  ^_^
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Too bad.  Instead it was only tied for Brazil's worst defeat ever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

That was a nice goal by Brazil at the end there.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2014, 04:56:29 PM
That was a nice goal by Brazil at the end there.

Nah.  7-0 would have looked better.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Well, let's hope that this doesn't get to the players' heads too much and doesn't lead to them underestimating the next opponent.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I am sure the Brazilian taxpayers are even more delighted about hosting this thing now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive