Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2014, 04:38:35 AM
Ok, time to leave the past behind and concentrate on today:

USA will win (wishful thinking but hey)

Stop that!

DGuller

FunkMonk

So the President of Ghana sent $3 million in cash on a plane last night to the Ghana team because of their payment dispute.

Ghana player kissing his fat stack of cash.  :lol:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Monoriu

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 26, 2014, 08:38:51 AM
So the President of Ghana sent $3 million in cash on a plane last night to the Ghana team because of their payment dispute.

How come my government doesn't pay me in cash  :mad:

jimmy olsen

Suarez banned 4 months from all Football activity

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/26/world-cup-2014-day-15-live

"LS is regarded as having breached article 48 paragraph 1 of the Fifa disciplinary code, and article 57. He is to be suspended for nine official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming Fifa World Cup game between Uruguay and Colombia." The nine-match ban is from all internationals.

There's also a four-month ban from all football, according to article 22 of the Fifa disciplinary code. And a ban from all football stadiums while matches are in progress, according to article 21. Plus a fine of 100,000 Swiss francs.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

I had hoped for and expected a harsher penalty.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Fully expecting the Uruguayan FA to immediately schedule 9 meaningless and easy friendlies back to back over the next year.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 26, 2014, 09:07:31 AM
Fully expecting the Uruguayan FA to immediately schedule 9 meaningless and easy friendlies back to back over the next year.

They can't, international friendlies are on a fixed schedule.

Btw, if he's banned for 4 months of all football activity that means he's out until late October for his club, wherever he is by then.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: frunk on June 26, 2014, 08:12:59 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2014, 04:38:35 AM
Ok, time to leave the past behind and concentrate on today:

USA will win (wishful thinking but hey)

Stop that!
:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

QuoteThe player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.

· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

If I'm understanding this right, he can't even officially train with Uruguay or Liverpool? And he can't even set  foot inside a football stadium?

:lmfao:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 26, 2014, 08:38:51 AM

Looks possibly shopped.

Syt

Quote from: Monoriu on June 26, 2014, 08:45:51 AM
How come my government doesn't pay me in cash  :mad:

Because your government is civilized not a corrupt kleptocracy not evil values its citizens ...

:hmm:

I may have to come back to you on this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.