News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

It is crazy to see these four and five goal games at the WC.  The Swiss essentially scored two goals in garbage time.  That's nuts, that sort of stuff only happens when you play Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

So the sixth goal was not validated?  :huh:

FunkMonk

Benzema should have three more goals than he officially has.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 20, 2014, 03:50:02 PM
Awesome game!

It was. Pity the ref blew his whistle as Benzema's goal went in.

It's been a long time since I've seen a better 45 minutes of football than the second half here. Fantastic free kick for Switzerland, Pogba's assist.

Norgy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 20, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

Apparently the ref blows his whistle for full time about when the cross is played. We all know it was six for France as the Swiss certainly hadn't stopped playing.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Norgy on June 20, 2014, 04:02:22 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 20, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

Apparently the ref blows his whistle for full time about when the cross is played. We all know it was six for France as the Swiss certainly hadn't stopped playing.

Yep, it's official: goal denied. Crap refereeing all around.

Valmy

You know what really grinds my gears?  When your fourth goal in the World Cup is invalidated.  Amiright?  I mean who cannot relate?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Benzema's lack of balls when in the wall for the Swiss free kick makes me think he kind of deserved it.

Maladict

Before the cross was played, so nowhere near a valid goal.

Norgy

Quote from: Maladict on June 20, 2014, 04:29:27 PM

Before the cross was played, so nowhere near a valid goal.

Didn't hear the whistle myself, and haven't seen any good replays, so I'll assume you're right.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2014, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 20, 2014, 01:18:26 PM
Sunday  :bowler:

I really hope the US steam rolls Portugal.

Just hope they'll win...that's not a given.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 20, 2014, 05:37:54 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 20, 2014, 03:27:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 20, 2014, 01:18:26 PM
Sunday  :bowler:

I really hope the US steam rolls Portugal.

Just hope they'll win...that's not a given.

Normally yes.  But this Portugal side seems unusually dysfunctional. 

Maladict

Honduras - Ecuador is a surprisingly fun game.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 20, 2014, 06:31:00 PM
Honduras - Ecuador is a surprisingly fun game.

I was a bit disappointed by the technical level of Ecuador in the beginning though. I wasn't expecting much from Honduras.

Josephus

Thought Honduras deserved a point out of that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011