And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2014, 01:04:31 PM
Man lots of pressure on the US to prove it is the best of CONCACAF with Mexico and Costa Rica doing this.  Must....beat....Portugal.

I'd settle for a point, but a win would be pretty epic for us.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Duque de Bragança

Nice fluke by the Swiss. :)

Norgy

Pogba's pass with the outside of his foot is class. The Swiss defending not so much.

Admiral Yi

What do the rules say about kicking a guy in the face if you're going for the ball?  Is the kicker always in the wrong?

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 03:32:24 PM
What do the rules say about kicking a guy in the face if you're going for the ball?  Is the kicker always in the wrong?

The interpretation of several rules have become more strict, but let's say someone bends down to head the ball and gets kicked in the face, it would normally not be a foul, as the player is placing himself in harm's way. It'd have to be a fairly deliberate kick towards the head for a card, for instance. More often than not, I see these situations end up with a dropping of the ball (an oddity, but still in the rule book).

FunkMonk

Stop it France, they're already dead.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Norgy on June 20, 2014, 03:37:22 PM
The interpretation of several rules have become more strict, but let's say someone bends down to head the ball and gets kicked in the face, it would normally not be a foul, as the player is placing himself in harm's way. It'd have to be a fairly deliberate kick towards the head for a card, for instance. More often than not, I see these situations end up with a dropping of the ball (an oddity, but still in the rule book).

How about a case in which a player tries a bicycle kick and the defender tries to head the ball away at the same time?

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

How about a case in which a player tries a bicycle kick and the defender tries to head the ball away at the same time?

Judgement call for the ref, I'd say. Could let it pass, but most likely a free kick for the defending party.

By the way, this was an amazing game. Or rather, it's been two great games today.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 03:32:24 PM

A foot that high (Giroud) is theoretically verboten. Some referees would have booked him. He also did another foul one worthy of a yellow too.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

It is considered "dangerous play" if the feet are above the players hip.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Hansmeister