News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

I'm biased but I really don't see why that goal was disallowed. I agree goalies can't be barged into, but Cesar was flapping at that and Olic didn't exactly fly into him aggressively.

Pletikosa was frustrating. He's a great shot stopper normally and he had some cracking saves, but equally also let two relatively soft goals in.

I hope Croatia take the positives from their performance - that they can rattle even the best teams - and focus on battering Mexico and Cameroon to go through.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Quote from: Norgy on June 13, 2014, 04:58:23 AM
Bias or incompetence, the end product was the same.
I am very unsure about the disallowed goal for Croatia.  :hmm:
Julio Cesar is clearly not in any shape to play a World Cup.

What makes you say that? He made some pretty good saves. The goal wans't his fault.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

He looks wobbly when coming off his line. The Croats time after time managed to slot a cross in between the central defenders and the keeper, and he fails to react quickly. His save from Modric' shot was a good save, but he should've held it. I believe he's been benched a lot at QPR, a second-tier team. Hardly a world-class keeper, and a potential achilles heel. But it's early days, and maybe he'll come good.

Croatia should get through the group stage without any problem, I believe.

Maladict

Quote from: Norgy on June 13, 2014, 06:58:07 AM
He looks wobbly when coming off his line. The Croats time after time managed to slot a cross in between the central defenders and the keeper, and he fails to react quickly. His save from Modric' shot was a good save, but he should've held it. I believe he's been benched a lot at QPR, a second-tier team. Hardly a world-class keeper, and a potential achilles heel. But it's early days, and maybe he'll come good.

Yes, he looked very slow and out of his depth.

Maladict

Dutch fan drives from US to Brazil for World Cup game

13 June 2014 Last updated at 00:49 BST

A Dutch football fan has driven from San Francisco to Brazil - across 10 countries and via the Amazon - to watch Holland play against Spain in the World Cup.

Even though he was unable to get hold of a ticket for the match, Ben still says the six-month journey was worth it.

He spoke to BBC Brasil's Julio Gomes about his passion for the game.

He crossed the Darien? Ballsy.

Josephus

Quote from: Norgy on June 13, 2014, 06:58:07 AM

Croatia should get through the group stage without any problem, I believe.

He currently plays for Toronto FC.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on June 13, 2014, 07:57:50 AM

Dutch fan drives from US to Brazil for World Cup game

13 June 2014 Last updated at 00:49 BST

A Dutch football fan has driven from San Francisco to Brazil - across 10 countries and via the Amazon - to watch Holland play against Spain in the World Cup.

Even though he was unable to get hold of a ticket for the match, Ben still says the six-month journey was worth it.

He spoke to BBC Brasil's Julio Gomes about his passion for the game.

He crossed the Darien? Ballsy.

WTF?  Somebody should comp him a ticket for that.  At least let him stand in the aisles or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

I don't know a damn thing about soccer but I put Brazil v Spain in my final with Portugal 3rd and Germany 4th.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

Les Lions Indomptables!! :w00t: :colonialfrog:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Liep

Camerouns defense have apparently never heard of the deep pass.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And another goal wrongfully disallowed, and a nice one even. :weep:

Liep

2nd goal disallowed, this one correctly, a rare double offside on this one!

Duque de Bragança

I'm shocked, shocked to see subpar refereeing is going on there!

PS: second off-side goal was rightly denied though

Liep