Which is better?

Bewitched
9 (50%)
I Dream of Jeannie
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 26, 2014, 09:14:18 AM
Yeah, Major Heally and Col. Bellows getting screwed over once a week was great too.

And, since it had a lot more exterior shots than Bewitched, there were plenty of scenes with some sweet ass boss cars.  God, that blue '67 GTO convertible and Healey's '68 Firebird. :wub: :fap:

Iormlund

Quote from: celedhring on May 26, 2014, 05:25:33 AM
Despite Eden's revealing outfits, I always thought Montgomery was much hotter.

That's what this is about, right?

Was I Dream of Jennie on TV when we were young? I don't think I ever saw it. I did like Bewitched. Also, after a google image search it appears you are correct.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

I wonder if she could've twitched her nose with a fat cock in her mouth.

grumbler

Bewitched was a crap show (though observers are correct that Elizabeth Montgomery was hotter than Barbara Eden).  The plots were painful and predictable, even to a kid.  Only Samantha's father had any redeeming qualities; Darrin was such a moron it was hard to care what happened to him, and Samantha's mother did the same fucking thing every single show.

I haven't seen these shows in decades, but I don't think I'd bother with Bewitched even if I could get it for free.  I'd be delighted to see some IDoJ, even though it has not, I am sure, aged well. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2014, 12:10:52 PM
The plots were painful and predictable, even to a kid.

Were you a school teacher back then too?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

The plots were painful and predictable, even to a kid. 

But Larry is coming over with a new client for dinner, and his ad campaign is so important to the firm you can lose your job if dinner is fucked up.

QuoteI'd be delighted to see some IDoJ, even though it has not, I am sure, aged well.

I dunno, I think it's still pretty funny. :lol:

Ed Anger

Don't forget about the very special Bewitched episode where Darrin stands up to a racist client.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 12:26:08 PM

I'm sure it is.  But laugh tracks? :yuk:

Bayraktar!

mongers

I think there was a British one, thought she might have just been a ghost in some childrens programme.

Though we did have Emma Peel in the 60s who appeared to have special powers.   :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Only Samantha's father had any redeeming qualities.

I kind of enjoyed Larry Tate and Doctor Bombay, too.  But, yeah, one of the problems with Bewitched was that for the most part, the best members of the supporting cast were either only semi-regulars or just appeared occassionally.  On I Dream of Jeannie, in contrast, Major Healey and Dr. Bellows were regulars, and if anything were actually funnier than the Jeannie and Major Nelson.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on May 26, 2014, 10:54:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 26, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on May 26, 2014, 08:06:03 AM
Belldandy is flat chested and has giant mutant eyes.  Clearly you've missed the point of this poll.
Every animated character has giant eyes.

That was the joke, Tim.

QuoteAlso, I wouldn't say she's flat chested.

404 Not Found, not even the most powerful search engines on the interwebs can find Belldandy's bosom.  Poor Keiichi.   :(
There was an obvious formatting error there, you could have fixed it yourself. :angry:

Fixed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2014, 01:41:53 PM

Meh, so many shows back then used them, I still don't notice it.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 06:40:29 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2014, 01:41:53 PM

Meh, so many shows back then used them, I still don't notice it.

Don't most comedies still use 'em?