Three dead in attack on Jewish museum in Brussels

Started by Syt, May 24, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

So the guy got caught in a routine check in Marseille after coming by bus from Amsterdam. Buses coming from there are the most checked, for drug reasons. Not so professional after all. Buses are even monitored in general than trains (Eurostar being the exception), not just for Amsterdam.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2014, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: Grallon on June 01, 2014, 05:26:38 PM
I read last week the UN is asking western countries to take many more of the Syrian refugees - imagine that: more battle hardened jihadis in our midst.  <_<

Any particular reason why Western Countries have to take them?  Why can't China or Japan or India or South Africa or something?  Or is everybody taking tons of these guys and the West needs to take their fair share?

I'm not seeing why we should be taking refugees either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2014, 06:28:24 PM
So far the US has offered to take up to 2000

That should only cover about 130 convenience stores and 22 Dunkin' Donuts franchises.

Ed Anger

There are 40000+ Somali's in Ohio. Normally, as the king of tolerance, I wouldn't mind. But these fuckers are gonna shoot up a mall.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Somalis are some icky-pooh stank ass motherfuckers, even when they've been here a while.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 01, 2014, 08:43:39 PM
There are 40000+ Somali's in Ohio. Normally, as the king of tolerance, I wouldn't mind. But these fuckers are gonna shoot up a mall.

That is a lot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Jaron

I thought it was illegal to transport Africans to the United States.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2014, 06:28:24 PM
Well India's dirt poor - on last estimates poorer than Syria before the war - South Africa and China are richer, but still very poor. Japan should do something

Any particular reason refugees have to be given the opportunity to be rich?  It is not like China, South Africa, and India lack plenty of opportunity for anybody with ambition and talent.  I would sure the hell prefer to live in one of those places than Syria.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2014, 08:46:20 AM

Any particular reason refugees have to be given the opportunity to be rich?  It is not like China, South Africa, and India lack plenty of opportunity for anybody with ambition and talent.  I would sure the hell prefer to live in one of those places than Syria.

Sheilbh, like many brits, appears to be afflicted with an accute case of White Man's guilt syndrome - where the crimes of the West have to be atoned for in perpetuity.  Hence Third World strays should always be allowed to come here and bring us ever closer to the shithole status of the countries these refugees originate from.

And it goes without saying Muslims are the worst possible candidates.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on June 02, 2014, 08:58:08 AM
Sheilbh, like many brits, appears to be afflicted with an accute case of White Man's guilt syndrome - where the crimes of the West have to be atoned for in perpetuity.

But that has nothing to do with this.   My question was why the UN was specifically asking Western Countries.  That makes no sense to me, there is nothing about Western Nations that make them particularly well suited to take Syrian refugees.  In fact, our cultural values seem particularly poorly suited to take them unless these are particularly Godless Syrians
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2014, 09:08:35 AM
Quote from: Grallon on June 02, 2014, 08:58:08 AM
Sheilbh, like many brits, appears to be afflicted with an accute case of White Man's guilt syndrome - where the crimes of the West have to be atoned for in perpetuity.

But that has nothing to do with this.   My question was why the UN was specifically asking Western Countries.  That makes no sense to me, there is nothing about Western Nations that make them particularly well suited to take Syrian refugees.  In fact, our cultural values seem particularly poorly suited to take them unless these are particularly Godless Syrians

Largely economic, it's quiet expensive to look after or settle refugees.

Now that Lebanon and Jordan are full to bursting, the next places are further afield and flying them out is a costly endeavor in itself.

However it's financed, moving refugees to China, India or Latin America will be rather expensive, so to some extend it's easier to 'badger' Western governments, especially if they have tradition ties to the region or have existing small immigrant communities of the country themselves.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Well they could just put them on a train or a bus and send them to China or India.