Three dead in attack on Jewish museum in Brussels

Started by Syt, May 24, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

He certainly didn't dilly-dally.  Does look coldly professional, but if he hit the person/people he was planning to hit, he must have had some damn good intel & preparation.  He was in and out in no time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

The killer could also have been a robot sent from the future to kill the parents of enemies of the cybernetic rule.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 11:56:48 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 27, 2014, 11:45:37 AM
well look at that: seems they actually managed to capture a suspect.

Is there any info available on him?

according to eyewitnesses: not white.
from what I read they were looking for someone with an algerian(?) background.

Viking

Re: Shelfs conspiracy theory (and that's not a derogatory term in this case, it might be  real conspiracy)

the most similar case to this I know of is the murder of Anne Orderud Paust who was a senior civil servant in norways foreign ministry. A car bomb that failed to detonate was found in her car and later she and her parents were found murdered in their home. The BBC did speculate that it was something spy related too.

It turns out it was over a dispute about a land inheritance.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

the suspect they had has been released according to the news. Didn't hear why as my kid was making a lot of noise

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

Who'd fought with jihadis in Syria. Which is interesting.

There's been a couple of arrests in the UK now of people either returning from or going to Syria.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Some American blew himself up in Syria last week.  Maybe we should start selling nerve gas to Assad.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2014, 11:22:10 AM

which is not really unexpected.

if one allows an intolerant religion/ideology like this to exist in one's society, one shouldn't be surpised one will get hit eventually

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 01, 2014, 11:36:40 AM

if one allows an intolerant religion/ideology like this to exist in one's society, one shouldn't be surpised one will get hit eventually
:huh:  I don't think Assad was exactly surprised.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I don't think he was a member of the Front National

mongers

Well if this guy did go on Jihad to Syria, I guess he picked up the requisite ethnic killing/cleansing skills that made him look 'professional' ?   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grallon

if one allows an intolerant religion/ideology like this to exist in one's society, one shouldn't be surprised one will get hit eventually

And now they're getting free training abroad, in any one of the various jihad battlegrounds one can find in that region, before returning in the West where they can put their skills to good use - that is against us.

I read last week the UN is asking western countries to take many more of the Syrian refugees - imagine that: more battle hardened jihadis in our midst.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on June 01, 2014, 05:26:38 PM
I read last week the UN is asking western countries to take many more of the Syrian refugees - imagine that: more battle hardened jihadis in our midst.  <_<

Any particular reason why Western Countries have to take them?  Why can't China or Japan or India or South Africa or something?  Or is everybody taking tons of these guys and the West needs to take their fair share?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

We should.

There's over two million in the region which is a huge strain on Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan especially. So far the US has offered to take up to 2000 and the UK's volunteered for 500 (Nigel Farage suggested accepting all Syrian Christian refugees :lol:). I remember seeing stats on the West in general and at that point only Sweden and Germany had actually done anything.

QuoteWhy can't China or Japan or India or South Africa or something?
Well India's dirt poor - on last estimates poorer than Syria before the war - South Africa and China are richer, but still very poor. Japan should do something
Let's bomb Russia!