Tourism destinations near Birmingham (AL) or Atlanta

Started by Zanza, May 06, 2014, 03:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2014, 01:42:34 PM
What is this nipple show you speak of? :hmm:

A Rican takes off his shirt, you look at his nipples, profit.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Zanza on May 28, 2014, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 28, 2014, 01:31:41 PM
Oh man, I missed this thread. You'll be in Bham next week? We can go for some BBQ ribs. What hours will you be working?
I'll be there the last week of June. I'll probably work about 8am - 5.30pm, roughly 35 minutes outside Birmingham. I'll stay in Hoover. I'd gladly go for a bbq.

I live in Pelham and work in Bham, so I live south of Hoover and work north of it. I know the area well. Jim n Nicks BBQ is right there in Hoover. Dreamland BBQ in Bham, Full moon BBQ, the list goes on and on. LOL

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2014, 01:42:34 PM
What is this nipple show you speak of? :hmm:

It was a recent joke I made in the back room, not that Yi would break the Back Room rules by posting about it here.  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Tu mientras.  It was in my road trip thread, in the front room.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Is the Riverchase Galleria any good? I want to go shopping a bit to benefit from your ridiculously low prices.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Zanza on May 28, 2014, 01:55:36 PM
Is the Riverchase Galleria any good? I want to go shopping a bit to benefit from your ridiculously low prices.

Good as long as I can keep The Wife away from it.  :glare:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on May 28, 2014, 01:39:57 PM
I did find it funny that you asked about the racism but forgot the dietary stuff though. :P  Tangentially, the racism doesn't bother me.  I mean, I put money into the stream of commerce, I know it's going to end up with someone I hate: racists, rich people, the Chinese...

:hmm:
Oddly enough the racism made the BBQ taste awesome. :cool:

I had some great BBQ down in Georgia last weekend, btw.  They served it with corn pudding that reminded me of the stuff they used to have at Chi-Chis.  RIP Chi-Chis. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 06, 2014, 03:00:48 PM
New Orleans is a great place to visit once or twice.  Not nearly as fun if you're alone, though.

Yeah, incredibly overrated.  Can see everything worth seeing in two days max.  Eating everything worth eating may take a little longer, though.

lustindarkness

If weather is nice and you want to hike some trails, or go fishing on a small lake for a couple of hours before the sun goes down an evening after work: http://www.alapark.com/oakmountain/
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 28, 2014, 11:44:23 PM
Eating everything worth eating may take a little longer, though.

That's a good point.  Even avoiding the touristy spots, there are a ton of good restaurants there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive