Kim Jong-Il makes sacrifices for North Korea

Started by Mr.Penguin, June 08, 2009, 11:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Penguin

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hZkeq-IGuP0P3iwYECAuWPJG2rzA

QuoteKim sacrifices himself for NKorea: state media

8 hours ago

SEOUL (AFP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il has sacrificed holidays and time with his family to devote himself to his country, according to the communist state's media.

Official radio monitored by Seoul's Yonhap news agency said Kim spent almost two months on his trademark "field guidance" tours from late December to mid-February.

"I have stayed away from home for two months and lived in a train to give field guidance to various economic sectors in a forced march," it quoted Kim himself as saying on his 67th birthday on February 16.

"I cannot deny having had a desire to take holidays and rest with my family at home, but I couldn't do it because I was so concerned about people's lives."

Kim is widely believed to have suffered a stroke last August. The once-portly leader appears gaunt and much older and thinner in recent photos.

Nevertheless, he has more than tripled his public appearances this year, according to state media reports.

In April the ruling communist party newspaper Rodong Sinmun said Kim felt fatigue because of his tough schedule.

"A man is not made of iron and must take care of his own body. But I have no time to do so," the leader was quoted as saying during a field trip.

"Why wouldn't I be tired and need more sleep? Even though I'm tired, I endure it."

The newspaper depicted him as tough but tender in a report two days after the North's April 5 rocket launch. Kim was "choked with sobs" at the need to use the money on the launch rather than to improve people's livelihoods, it said.

"Our people will still understand," it quoted him as saying.

The North suffered famine in the 1990s which killed hundreds of thousands and still relies on foreign aid to alleviate severe food shortages.

What a great guy, give the man a break will ya, he obviously cares... ;)
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Caliga

:lmfao: I wonder if the North Korean people actually believe shit like this or silently laugh at it (since they wouldn't dare voice public criticism).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2009, 11:10:41 AM
:lmfao: I wonder if the North Korean people actually believe shit like this or silently laugh at it (since they wouldn't dare voice public criticism).
One would hope so, but they've been brainwashed for 60 years, so who knows.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

frunk

Makes me think they are setting up an announcement that he's died due to overexertion for the people.

Caliga

Quote from: frunk on June 08, 2009, 11:41:18 AM
Makes me think they are setting up an announcement that he's died due to overexertion for the people.

:yes: :shifty:

Lucidor

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 08, 2009, 11:32:01 AM
One would hope so, but they've been brainwashed for 60 years, so who knows.

at this very moment, somewhere in the deep tubes of NK cyberspace, Timmay Kim Lee has just posted this news story, preceded by the comment "Good Stuff!"
humans were created in their own image

Caliga

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2009, 12:18:46 PM
You mean he wrote it on a chalkboard.  :(

yes. in block capital letters. and he waved it as high as his stunted dwarf-like arms could reach.
humans were created in their own image

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on June 08, 2009, 12:26:30 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2009, 12:18:46 PM
You mean he wrote it on a chalkboard.  :(

yes. in block capital letters. and he waved it as high as his stunted dwarf-like arms could reach.

...and after he got done he looked down at his protruding ribcage and thought "Apolling!" but didn't dare say it.  :(

DGuller

Given what I know about North Korea, most will believe.  In my experience in Soviet Union, most people who were raised in Stalin's time, when the brainwashing was by far the most severe, were completely unable to critically analyze anything in politics.  All the "imperfections" of the daily life were blamed on the incompetent bureaucrats who did not carry forward the progressive visions of the Party.

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2009, 12:32:07 PM

Given what I know about North Korea, most will believe.  In my experience in Soviet Union, most people who were raised in Stalin's time, when the brainwashing was by far the most severe, were completely unable to critically analyze anything in politics.  All the "imperfections" of the daily life were blamed on the incompetent bureaucrats who did not carry forward the progressive visions of the Party.
Sounds a bit like typical medieval societies.
It was always the king's corrupt advisors to blame- the sun shone out of the monarch's arse no matter how bad he was.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2009, 12:38:27 PM
Sounds a bit like typical medieval societies.
It was always the king's corrupt advisors to blame- the sun shone out of the monarch's arse no matter how bad he was.
That's actually close to the Russian term for this, which is "Good czar, bad advisers".

DisturbedPervert

I think they believe it.  I remember a story about some foreign eye doctor that went to North Korea and restored their sight.

http://rokdrop.com/2007/03/12/lisa-ling-special-on-north-korea-on-you-tube/

QuoteIt was amazing to watch the eye doctor restore eye sight to people who had been blind for years and they immediately walk up to pictures of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il to thank them for giving back their eye sight without a word of thanks to the Nepalese doctor. The most chilling scene was when one old woman pledged to work harder in the salt mines for the glory of Kim Jong-il for returning her eye sight.