Kim Jong-Il makes sacrifices for North Korea

Started by Mr.Penguin, June 08, 2009, 11:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 08, 2009, 05:37:08 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on June 08, 2009, 04:51:05 PM
A great book.  Have you read his other books about East Asia?  IIRC he did Shanghai.

Yep. He did Shenzhen (not Shanghai), Burma, and a small collaboration about India (I don't know if this one has been translated, though: L'Association en Inde).

Are they as good as Pyongyang? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Anyway, I imagine the kinds of sacrifices Kim Jong-Il makes for North Korea are similar to the kinds Mola Ram makes for Kali. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 08, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
<_<  Swedes.

My friend left a bottle of absolut peach in my apartment. I combined it with Ocean Spray Cran-Apple Juice. It felt like 10,000 fruits exploding in my mouth. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2009, 12:43:24 AM
<_<  Swedes.

My friend left a bottle of absolut peach in my apartment. I combined it with Ocean Spray Cran-Apple Juice. It felt like 10,000 fruits exploding in my mouth. :Embarrass:
Like you haven't had fruits exploding in your mouth before.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 05:12:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2009, 12:43:24 AM
<_<  Swedes.

:face:

Caliga

:lol:

If you look up North Korea on Google news, any time there's a story about it the photo that is included is of Hillary sorta doing a facepalm.  :cool:

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Dear Leader sacrifices so much for his people, and look how you people talk about him. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 05:12:13 AM

I'm glad you played along. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2009, 01:55:41 PM
It sort of makes you think, though.  If North Koreans are so happy despite being one meal away from starving to death, then maybe they're onto something?  Maybe living more like North Koreans would make us happier about our lot.  I guess we'll find in a couple of years, if Obama has his way.

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point