Men With Guns Are Also Active Elsewhere.

Started by mongers, April 12, 2014, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2014, 02:15:32 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2014, 02:11:09 PM
Even if that were true of bureaucrats, you're a lawyer.  People don't become lawyers unless there's hate in their heart.  Hell, the entire profession of lawyering depends on empire-building.
:( But I direct my hate towards those people who deserve it, like shoplifters, wife-beaters, pot-heads and single mothers.
Admirable, but when the method you use is flawed, it damages the outcome.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Norgy

Don't mess with single moms, BB. They are the easiest and best lays.  :mad:

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 02:46:34 PM
But several of those attributes are present in a fascist system. The three-part regime of labour, capital and state is a wet dream of Mussolini.

Needs more territorial expansion.

psst... invade Ethiopia.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

We'll probably claim Antarctica as a territory and see how it goes. Fuck the world. Norway found that pole. And just to spite people, we will cover ourselves in whale blubber and aquavit.

PDH

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 03:37:20 PM
And just to spite people, we will cover ourselves in whale blubber and aquavit.

As if every Norwegian doesn't do that already...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Norgy

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2014, 01:54:53 PM
I was more interested in the armed men intimidating with impunity state officials angle.

We have to dispense with that, as that's an issue of Freedomism and Libertyhood at work; sorta like how Otto managed to conflate the evils of the environmental lobby's control of the Obama Administration with this event, a simple issue of outstanding court-ordered debt collection.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2014, 03:45:17 PM
I was more interested in the armed men intimidating with impunity state officials angle.

We have to dispense with that, as that's an issue of Freedomism and Libertyhood at work; sorta like how Otto managed to conflate the evils of the environmental lobby's control of the Obama Administration with this event, a simple issue of outstanding court-ordered debt collection.

:hmm:

So if those gun toting Slavs in E.Ukraine framed their intimidation in those terms, they'd get a pass from Derspiessenrepublica ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Norgy

Well, on a more serious note, stacking firewood is good therapy.
Not as good as chopping and sawing, though.

As a sidenote, I got my first axe when I was 5 years old. Me and my arthritic grandfather were chopping firewood. Being just 5 years old and not very strong, the axe slipped and stuck in my thigh. This was at the family cabin far away from everything. So basically I just got a bandage and was told to "stick with it and shut the hell up".

I love 70s parenting. And grandparenting. Sugar or death threats.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

Yeah, you can the conflict in Derspeiss and Otto over this.  The heart wants to join the militias opposing the evil federal government, but their mind is telling them "This guy just wants a free ride".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

You couldn't be further from the truth on me Raz, I've always been an authoritarian. I'm much more Pinochet than Paul.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 04:09:56 PM
I love 70s parenting. And grandparenting. Sugar or death threats.
But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

Philip Larkin. From Nottingham, if I am not mistaken.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 15, 2014, 04:40:42 PM
You couldn't be further from the truth on me Raz, I've always been an authoritarian. I'm much more Pinochet than Paul.

Then you really shouldn't waste time going on about environmentalists.  That's the traitor's talking points.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017