News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Speaking of Oregon, this is a kind of cool article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/82352/remembering-the-pick-players-whove-intercepted-marcus-mariota-reflect

I, as an right thinking fan of college football does, hate Oregon.

But Mariota is a great, great QB. I predict he will have a MUCH better NFL career than Winston. Has at least as much talent, and four times the brains and maturity.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Arizona state is better than Arizona.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
four times the brains

You see a black guy and just assume he is stupid?  :hmm:  :P

The thing is Winston is not stupid. He had a 4. GPA in high school and was admitted to Stanford. He made a good decision to go to FSU. He has yet to make a decision that will result in FSU bringing any type of serious sanction against him. Not sure that would be the case at Stanford.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2014, 11:35:17 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
four times the brains

You see a black guy and just assume he is stupid?  :hmm:  :P

Maybe he made the assumption based on his having parents who named him "Jameis".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Rasputin on December 22, 2014, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2014, 03:37:17 PM
The evidence is clear that he is a fine, upstanding young man who would never, ever do anything wrong whatsoever. A credit to his school and fans.
nope; but the evidence fails to to show that he commited a rape, even applying the low civil standard to the evidence

The retired judge/politician said this: "In light of all of the circumstances, I do not find the credibility of one story substantially stronger than that of the other."

Shockingly, there isn't a significant amount of evidence of a crime after a botched investigation. Read the New York Times article "A Star Player Accused, and a Flawed Rape Investigation" for further information: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

So we are left with a he said /she said. The matter drops. But how often do you think women really invent stories of being raped? More than 50% of the time? And considering the pattern of disreputable conduct Winston has been engaging in, isn't he less credible than average?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

Valmy

nope; but the evidence fails to to show that he commited a rape, even applying the low civil standard to the evidence

Well yeah, there was no evidence at all because there was no investigation.  Shocking.

Anyway I look forward to the Redskins trading away three entire drafts to get Winston and three years from now the Rams marching out 22 guys as their team captains.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2014, 11:43:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2014, 03:37:17 PM
The evidence is clear that he is a fine, upstanding young man who would never, ever do anything wrong whatsoever. A credit to his school and fans.

The retired judge/politician said this: "In light of all of the circumstances, I do not find the credibility of one story substantially stronger than that of the other."

Shockingly, there isn't a significant amount of evidence of a crime after a botched investigation. Read the New York Times article "A Star Player Accused, and a Flawed Rape Investigation" for further information: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html

So we are left with a he said /she said. The matter drops. But how often do you think women really invent stories of being raped? More than 50% of the time? And considering the pattern of disreputable conduct Winston has been engaging in, isn't he less credible than average?

Instead of reading an article trying to make a point go look at the investigative file. No evidence was lost by the delay in investigation because the police did gather a contemporaneous rape kit on the night of the incident and did a blood test for drugs and etoh on the accuser. This cpontemporaneous evidence has been the problem with the case ab initio. A rape kit checks for signs of forced sex. Here the rape kit is consistent with consentual doggy style sex. There was no evidence of the severe vaginal tearing or bruising on her legs one would expect from forced sex. She had some bruising on her knees. Both parties acknowledged doggy style sex on the tiled bathroom floor.

She claimed to have been hit over the head and knocked unconscious. She had no evidence of blunt force trauma.

She claims to have been drugged. There was no evidence of the date rape or any other drug in her system.

She claims to have been too drunk to consent. Retrogression on her bac showed she was below the legal limit at the time of the claimed rape and her friends testified that she seemed fine when she got in the taxi with jameis.

So what further investigation done timely would have polished this terd of a case?

Who is John Galt?

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on December 22, 2014, 04:23:42 PM
i dont care what you think but i am quite the admirer of your stubborness in the face of contrary facts and and your mendacity when asked whether your conclusions flowed from second hand sources or your own review of the primary source materials
Well, I think it is cute when you get all huffy and insist that, since I disagreed with a conclusion of yours, it can only be due to mendacity, even assuming you know what a big word like that means.

I am as big an admirer of your tantrums as you are of my stubborness [sic]. I am not sure why you picked me, rather than someone who has actually been posting on the topic (indicating a greater ability to stubbor, I'd think), but thanks.  :bowler:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Rasputin

Quote from: grumbler on December 23, 2014, 12:45:54 PM
Quote from: Rasputin on December 22, 2014, 04:23:42 PM
i dont care what you think but i am quite the admirer of your stubborness in the face of contrary facts and and your mendacity when asked whether your conclusions flowed from second hand sources or your own review of the primary source materials
Well, I think it is cute when you get all huffy and insist that, since I disagreed with a conclusion of yours, it can only be due to mendacity, even assuming you know what a big word like that means.

I am as big an admirer of your tantrums as you are of my stubborness [sic]. I am not sure why you picked me, rather than someone who has actually been posting on the topic (indicating a greater ability to stubbor, I'd think), but thanks.  :bowler:
because when you did post on the topic with your usual authoritative style I asked whether you had actually read the primary source materials or were relying on news articles. You replied that you were relying on your review of the investigative file, an untruth then and now; Im glad to have entertained you.
Who is John Galt?

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on December 23, 2014, 01:09:06 PM
because when you did post on the topic with your usual authoritative style I asked whether you had actually read the primary source materials or were relying on news articles. You replied that you were relying on your review of the investigative file, an untruth then and now; Im glad to have entertained you.
Ah, the "I'll just make shit up so I can call someone else a liar" gambit.   :lol:  I found out in the first grade how poorly that works; you might want to consider another approach.  I won't urge you towards that course, though.  As you say, it is entertaining to watch you make an ass out of yourself.

Now, just for giggles, please tell me that I have never read any of the Game of Thrones books, and am engaging in mendacity when I say that I have.  You might as well eat the sheep; you have hung yourself for the lamb.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Rasputin

I do admire your stubbornness. I believe that you've read game of thtones quite closely. As for meggs file I don't believe you read it any more today than I did when you claimed to have several months ago.
Who is John Galt?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Bayraktar!