News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

derspiess

WVU in the Elite Eight?  :lol:  I like it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Ugh.  Oregon's first team all American cornerback hurt his knee and its out for playoffs

grumbler

Something on the lighter side:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

sbr

I think college is a better fit for Harbaugh, but I would be shocked if he wasn't an NFL coach next year.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on December 20, 2014, 08:06:22 PM
I think college is a better fit for Harbaugh, but I would be shocked if he wasn't an NFL coach next year.

Dunno.  All of the movement in "insider reports" has been toward Michigan - even the "NFL Insiders" who were 100% sure last week that there was no way a guy gives up the NFL are now thinking there is a 50-50 shot he does it.  So, I'd be surprised, but not shocked, if he went to Michigan.

Another nice vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a3rLFGzdN-w
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Maybe the Wolverines should switch their focus from Harbaugh to Mike McCoy. Don't settle for the loser Michigan.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on December 21, 2014, 11:22:01 AM
Maybe the Wolverines should switch their focus from Harbaugh to Mike McCoy. Don't settle for the loser Michigan.
Meh.  Googled him.  His career batting average is only .190.  DO NOT WANT.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Why would they hire somebody who went to USD?  I thought Michigan only wanted Michigan men.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Rasputin

So former Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice (and former trial judge) Major Harding (wake forest undergrad, uva law grad) has found after a two day hearing that the evidence against winston faile to even meet the "more likely than not" standard. (Not surprisingly our resident universal expert previously opined that the investigative file of willie meggs (the state attorney who declined to prosecute ) reflected proof beyond a reasonable doubt.)

Therefore:

1. At this point can we leave the kid alone vis a vis the rape allegations and recognize that Winston has a presumption of innocence that we should respect? and

2. Grumbler, will you kindly concede that you were wrong, and predictably failing that, will you please at least admit that you did NOT in fact read the Meggs investigative file as you claimed you did in response to my question?

Thanks; please feel free to return to your discussion on the failings of Michigan football.
Who is John Galt?

sbr

I am stunned that FSU didn't kick Winston out of school 10 days before the football playoff starts and 23 days before he leaves school on his own.

Rasputin

Quote from: sbr on December 22, 2014, 01:02:27 PM
I am stunned that FSU didn't kick Winston out of school 10 days before the football playoff starts and 23 days before he leaves school on his own.
:)

so major harding, the independent hearing officer both sides agreed to sold his soul for what?
Who is John Galt?

sbr

Quote from: Rasputin on December 22, 2014, 01:05:14 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 22, 2014, 01:02:27 PM
:)

so major harding, the independent hearing officer both sides agreed to sold his soul for what?

I don't know.  I didn't pay much attention to details about the hearing because I knew it would be as much a farce as the police investigation into the alleged rape was.