And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2014, 10:29:16 AM
Hear hear. I tried watching the SEC Network. Christ. :bleeding:

They have this annoying habit of leaving the picture unaltered when half the field is in shadow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2014, 11:10:33 AM
The call-ins. :bleeding:

Oh, I don't know...I get all the channels as well, and not even EWTN and Sister Angelica could smoke more Notre Dame cock than what happens on the Longhorn Network.  At least the SEC mixes it up, and it's not all Gators and Alabama.

sbr

alfred russel

FWIW, the 538 blog gives arizona a 27% chance of making the playoff if they beat Oregon. Sounds about right.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Wisconsin is opening as a 3 pt favorite over Ohio State.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 28, 2014, 12:17:32 AM
OSU DT Kosta Karageorge is reported missing. Vanished yesterday after some kind of drama happened. Has no ID on him because for some reason his girlfriend has his wallet.

Apparently they found his body.  Self inflicted gun shot wound.

EDIT:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11960455/kosta-karageorge-ohio-state-buckeyes-found-dead

Berkut

The Pac-12 blog said there was actually a scenario where no SEC team gets in?

Alabama loses to Missouri, and Missouri has two very bad losses (shutout by Georgia, loss to a Big Ten team that itself only has a single Big-10 win).

But that would seem crazy, to not have the second best conference in the country in the playoff....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 30, 2014, 09:53:58 PM
But that would seem crazy, to not have the second best conference in the country in the playoff....

Hopefully the best conference will be represented by Baylor and TCU and the second best conference will get either Arizona or Oregon.

Florida State will probably have to round it out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2014, 11:31:16 AM
on the Longhorn Network.

The LHN does not have a call in show :unsure:

I also resent the implication that a team of analysts that comprises entirely of former UT players would have any bias.  Actually I do really like David Thomas and Dan Neil breaking down the games.  It is nice to hear people talk about UT Football who actually watched the game and know something about the team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2014, 11:31:16 AM
on the Longhorn Network.

The LHN does not have a call in show :unsure:

I also resent the implication that a team of analysts that comprises entirely of former UT players would have any bias.  Actually I do really like David Thomas and Dan Neil breaking down the games.  It is nice to hear people talk about UT Football who actually watched the game and know something about the team.

I'm a product of 1970's television.  I liked it better when it was called "Hee Haw."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on November 30, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

Ohio State played one power conference team out of conference

No, they played an ACC team.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

So it looks like WVU has a good shot at getting the Liberty Bowl.  I can live with that :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 02, 2014, 11:42:09 AM
So it looks like WVU has a good shot at getting the Liberty Bowl.  I can live with that :)

Sorry about the tough end to their season.  Texas had a nice run until the Thanksgiving Day Massacre.  Now they will get some middling SEC team in the Texas Bowl. 

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2014, 12:52:04 AM
I'm a product of 1970's television.  I liked it better when it was called "Hee Haw."

A Tennessee show?  WTF?  Does Texas look like Tennessee to you? :angry:

Well we are both Orange and go by 'UT' :unsure: