News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 29, 2014, 12:40:36 AM
Hipsters vs. minute men combing the desert looking for illegals to shoot?  :hmm:

Oregon is Alabama without the magnolias.  Fuck Oregon.

sbr

>waiting for next weather/lifestyle/employment status update from Baltimore

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 29, 2014, 12:45:12 AM

The University of Oregon represents everything foul and not Notre Dame about college football.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2014, 12:47:15 AM

The University of Oregon represents everything foul and not Notre Dame about college football.

That's true, they do win more than 8 games a year.

And they don't kill student assistants.

CountDeMoney

Towers fall.  It's not like he was pushed.  His Will Be Done.

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on November 29, 2014, 12:40:56 AM
No, it's a matter of a PAc-12 team in the playoff or not.

Exactly. Barring something very surprising, Arizona beating Oregon is likely to be the perfect excuse for the NCSEC selection committee to leave the Pac-12 champion out of the playoff.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2014, 12:47:15 AM

True. And if you throw Notre Dame in, you cover a  lot of the rest of what is foul and not Oregon about college football.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

QuoteOhio State Walk-On Is Missing

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, Kosta Karageorge, an Ohio State football player and wrestler, sent a text message to his mother, apologizing if he had been an "embarrassment," explaining that he had been affected by concussions.

Karageorge, apparently upset over an incident with his girlfriend, then went for a walk. He has not been seen since, and the family's concern has grown as No. 7 Ohio State readied to play Michigan on Saturday.

Sophia Karageorge, 25, his older sister, said that Kosta had sustained "at least four or five" concussions. After a concussion occurred last fall, he told his sister how he felt confused, disoriented and moody, not exactly like himself. He sustained his latest concussion around September, she said.

Sophia Karageorge said her brother typically followed the team's protocol whenever he suffered a concussion. She said that he communicated with the family regularly. When they did not hear from him that night, they grew nervous. Then he missed football practice.

"We're really confused," she said. "It doesn't make sense."

Listed at 6-foot-3 and about 273 pounds, Karageorge had wrestled at Ohio State for three years before joining the football team as a walk-on. He had recorded just one tackle all season. He was supposed to participate in senior day Saturday.

Sophia Karageorge praised how Ohio State had treated her brother after he sustained a concussion. She indicated her brother had seemed fine earlier in the week.

Columbus Police Department detectives on the case were not made available to comment. Sgt. David Pelphrey, a spokesman, said they were still talking to those close to Karageorge and looking for leads.

"We're working this strictly as a missing person case," Pelphrey said. "None of us are doctors; we can't speak to the side effects of concussions. We can't really get into that. Certainly if he's out there, wandering the streets dazed and confused, that's where we're relying on our partners in the community to help us locate him."

dps

Quote from: Berkut on November 29, 2014, 12:56:40 AM
Quote from: sbr on November 29, 2014, 12:40:56 AM
No, it's a matter of a PAc-12 team in the playoff or not.

Exactly. Barring something very surprising, Arizona beating Oregon is likely to be the perfect excuse for the NCSEC selection committee to leave the Pac-12 champion out of the playoff.

FWIW, I think there is some validity to the idea that the Pac-10 doesn't get its due from the media.  OTOH, I also pretty much agree with Seedy.  So while I have no particular desire to see the Pac-10 champion shut out of the playoffs per s, I don't really want to see Oregon win the championship.

However, beyond that, if it's a choice between Oregon and Ohio State in the playoffs, I'd rather see Oregon.

MadImmortalMan

I'd support a rule that you can't be in the playoff unless you win your conference. That would give us the four highest ranked conference winners essentially.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

That would be great until it wasn't.

It would at least force Notre Dame to actually join a conference and play on the same field as everyone else who isn't the SEC.

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 29, 2014, 02:16:26 AM
I'd support a rule that you can't be in the playoff unless you win your conference. That would give us the four highest ranked conference winners essentially.

That will make a lot of people happy when Missouri somehow stumbles their way past Alabama.

34-0 and yet they still managed to beat everyone else.  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Yay, too cool for school Cardale Jones is #1 QB now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

I'm rather ambivalent whether Miami beats Pitt. A loss may make the fat man go away.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014