NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

That, I believe, is called wingfic. It's a whole genre.

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on November 05, 2014, 06:22:23 PM
That, I believe, is called wingfic. It's a whole genre.

:hmm: Do you frequently read the college football thread?

I saw this on a college football site, and without knowing any other context, thought it was hilarious.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

I just saw that Woody Hayes made some interesting comments on the my lai massacre.

Speaking at a football banquet in 1969, Hayes spoke about the recently revealed My Lai Massacre. He stated that the Vietnamese men in My Lai deserved to die, "and I wouldn't be so sure those women were innocent. The children are obviously innocent - if they are less than five."

quoted from wikipedia, originally from here:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19691212&id=Es4bAAAAIBAJ&sjid=fVAEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7306,5888738
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Ed supports his coach defending war crimes? What a shocking turn of events. /aghast
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Tonight is the night you all get a chance to see Wyoming suck big time on ESPN2 when they lose at home to Utah State.

You're welcome.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on November 07, 2014, 06:41:35 PM
Tonight is the night you all get a chance to see Wyoming suck big time on ESPN2 when they lose at home to Utah State.

You're welcome.

Wyoming is on the comeback trail!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Well Steers vs. Neers tomorrow Spicey.  I hope Strong's boys can keep it within 30.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Scipio

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2014, 11:14:18 PM
Talk about insult to injury.  TONIGHT WE ARE ALL OLE MISS

OK, not really, but that ending really, really sucked ass.

The ending worked for me.   :)
Well, I guess that's one friendship ruined.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

Hey Marshall is still undefeated. :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

The Wyoming QB threw that ball...he shouldn't have thrown that ball that's a damn playing mistake.  The coaches are coaching their hearts out and the players keep screwing it up!