NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on October 06, 2014, 08:12:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 06, 2014, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2014, 05:54:50 PM
See? That shit is just in poor taste.

Especially with GT having the highest student suicide rate in the country, probably had 3 engineering majors do half gainers off the stadium parking garage the next day.

Tragic that they die as their team conquers and takes possession of the commanding heights of the ACC Coastal.  :(
I remember when Miami joined the conference and everyone assumed Miami and FSU would be stuck playing twice per year....

Florida verses Tennessee had a noon kickoff....oh the times they are a changing
Who is John Galt?

alfred russel

Why Al Golden needs to be fired, in one picture:

photo hosting

3rd and 2, down by two scores, 6 minutes left, against a team that threw 7 passes in the whole game. You almost have to have that stop--it is close to being a goal line type situation. And that is your formation.  :rolleyes:

The players never had a chance.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

But we can't let them get behind the DBs!

Berkut

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11660285/as-michigan-wolverines-falter-rich-rodriguez-turning-arizona-wildcats-pac-12-winner

Pretty awesome story, at least if you are an Arizona/RRod fan.

I actually don't even think firing him was a mistake per se - by that point, it seemed kind of hopeless that he could have a normal relationship with the powers around Michigan, at least enough of them hated him that it would be problematic.

The mistake was letting Carr and that crew interfere for the three years prior to that...

There seems to be a lot of noise about Harbaugh - does anyone think he would really leave the NFL to go back to college? I could see him going somewhere else in the NFL of course, but back to college seems unlikely. Michigan/Harbaugh would be a great fit though if he did want to return to the college ranks...would they be willing to pay him?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I know this is all Arizona stuff, and most people probably don't care, but if you do...

Really cool breakdown on the play that put Arizona up by 10 on Oregon, and what RRod is such a great offensive coach...

http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1055&sid=4e74fddd157050a04b5802f072c1e052
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2014, 07:25:43 PM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Ok, maybe knock that down to 3 :frusty: out of 4.

Where was this defense against South Carolina(or Tennessee for that matter)?

Funny though, while pitching a shutout against Missouri all the announcers could talk about was how well Georgia's running game was going. Chubb's performance wasn't as good as Gurley's typical one and it didn't have to be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Holy shit, great win for WVU. Best game I've seen from them in ages.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Those uniforms burned Bob Griese's retinas through his glasses.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2014, 03:12:15 PM
MY EYES

Not nearly as awful as the product they put on the field. Watching an entire Purdue football game is one of the leading causes of depression in the United States.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Yeah Berk, this Cal team isn't very impressive.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Texas battled their guts out today.  They fucked it up because they are still learning how to win but man we could all feel it.  Charlie Strong is getting this thing going.

They are about to go on a run, Texas will finish with a winning record.  Iowa State is first on the chopping block.  TEXAS STRONG
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."