News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Michigan is much further east than Arizona, so I am not surprised.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Anyway, I could not care less about ranking at this point anyway.

Right now Arizona is first in the Pac-12. The rest of their schedule though is just brutal, especially given how well some of these teams that are not supposed to be very good are playing.

USC at home next week. 65%
@WSU a team that just broke the FBS record for passing, and Arizona's secondary is...not so good. 60%
@UCLA A more traditional, power team, and Arizona struggles against those 40%
Colorado at home - that should be a win at least, right? 75%
Washington at home - again, should be a win, but they are pretty good 70%
@Utah has been playing extremely well, with an excellent defense. 50%
ASU at home. It is ASU. RR is 0-2 against them, and assuming we come into this game with the league title on the line, this would make their decade to knock Arizona out of the conference title game 50%

I could see Arizona finishing anywhere from 6-1 to 3-4 from here out. Even 3-4 is 8-4 overall - a pretty decent season considering we came into this with no running back and a freshman QB. But of course now expectations are rather different.

The real key is our defense. Was Oregon a fluke? A particulary good match up, speed against speed? Or has the Arizona defense finally figured out this 335 thing? They don't have to be great, just..average. But other than Oregon, they have not been average even this year...

0 rows returned

alfred russel

You guys are actually an underdog right now to USC.

I can imagine Arizona making a run, but the odds of a team doing that with a freshman qb are not good, and on a team without a dominant defense even worse. Maybe they could win the division with two or three losses?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on October 05, 2014, 10:16:28 PM

That makes no sense at all, if only because we are at home.

However, Arizona does have a pretty terrible record after huge wins, so I guess I could see that from a betting perspective.

I can imagine Arizona making a run, but the odds of a team doing that with a freshman qb are not good, and on a team without a dominant defense even worse. Maybe they could win the division with two or three losses?

Two losses, sure. Three? Probably not. The Pac-12 South looks really good, and we haven't played any of those teams yet.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on October 05, 2014, 10:45:03 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 05, 2014, 10:16:28 PM

That makes no sense at all, if only because we are at home.

However, Arizona does have a pretty terrible record after huge wins, so I guess I could see that from a betting perspective.

Last I heard, UDub has opened as favorite vs Cal :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on October 05, 2014, 10:45:03 PM

Two losses, sure. Three? Probably not. The Pac-12 South looks really good, and we haven't played any of those teams yet.

With enough parity a 6-3 team can win the division. The ACC one year had both division winners finish 5-3. A 9 game schedule only makes it more likely.

Hell, right now every team except Arizona has a conference loss, and none has played more than 3 games. Everyone but Arizona is on pace for a 3 conference loss season or worse.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

UF QB busted for sexual assault. Miami is now the only big 3 school in Florida without such a QB. Prediction: Miami will still be considered Thug U and the bad guys.

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on October 06, 2014, 01:06:59 PM
UF QB busted for sexual assault. Miami is now the only big 3 school in Florida without such a QB. Prediction: Miami will still be considered Thug U and the bad guys.

Only because Idi Amin, Adolph Hitler,  and Satan are all such prominent hurricane boosters. I recently read that two thirds of Isis members in this hemisphere are hurricane season ticket holders. Like most Miami fans they don't actually go to the games.
Who is John Galt?

alfred russel

Quote from: Rasputin on October 06, 2014, 02:54:27 PM
Only because Idi Amin, Adolph Hitler,  and Satan are all such prominent hurricane boosters. I recently read that two thirds of Isis members in this hemisphere are hurricane season ticket holders. Like most Miami fans they don't actually go to the games.

One of the few bright spots in the Georgia Tech game was when we got a good "Lets go Canes" cheer going and drowned out the Georgia Tech band playing the alma mater before the game.

MadImmortalMan

See? That shit is just in poor taste.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

Especially with GT having the highest student suicide rate in the country, probably had 3 engineering majors do half gainers off the stadium parking garage the next day.

Valmy

Considering how my semester is going I think I understand.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

What did ever happen to our GT grad anyways.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

He didn't think this forum was awful enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 06, 2014, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 06, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

Especially with GT having the highest student suicide rate in the country, probably had 3 engineering majors do half gainers off the stadium parking garage the next day.

Tragic that they die as their team conquers and takes possession of the commanding heights of the ACC Coastal.  :(