Main Menu

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

Started by Syt, April 09, 2014, 02:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
I strongly suspect he died. He was a very active poster, a bit older, and seemed to have a hard lifestyle. He just disappeared one day.

I think the same thing with Savant.
I think that's a strong possibility when any poster just vanishes, yeah.  It goes against what we usually see when people decide to quit (which is either a goodbye thread or a ragequit post (e.g. Hamilcar, Mart x 15, etc.).  OTOH some people may just decide they want to leave quietly and not attention whore about it.  If I ever decide to quit Languish for good, that's what I'd do for sure.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2014, 09:58:52 AM
I worry about Paul.  Besides the steroids, he was bragging about getting into bar fights, putting away a fifth of whiskey a night in front of the TV, and gobbling Vicodin in the morning for the hangover.

I strongly suspect he died. He was a very active poster, a bit older, and seemed to have a hard lifestyle. He just disappeared one day.

I think the same thing with Savant.

Refresh me on who Savant was?

EDIT:  One of Paul's last posts was a thread about how he'd realized he was an alcoholic and wanted to change.  My more hopeful read on the situation is that he got clean and made a break from his old life (including drunk-posting on Languish).
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2014, 02:44:08 PM
EDIT:  One of Paul's last posts was a thread about how he'd realized he was an alcoholic and wanted to change.  My more hopeful read on the situation is that he got clean and made a break from his old life (including drunk-posting on Languish).
Ah, either I never saw that or had forgotten completely.  I hope you are right. :)

Malthus

The only wrestler I remember from my days of being forced to watch wrestling by fellow employees was a guy named "The Booger" (I think), whose speciality was ... sitting on other wrestler's faces with his huge, fat, stinky ass.  :yuk:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:hmm: That sounds like Rikishi.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2014, 03:34:40 PM
:hmm: That sounds like Rikishi.

I think this is the guy - turns out he, too, has died (in 2010).  :(

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/m/mikeshaw/

QuoteShaw resurfaced in June as the hygienically-challenged Bastion Booger, a character of an unkempt, slovenly and gluttonous gargoyle-like man who competed in dingy singlets tailored to give him the appearance of a hunchback. His grotesque appearance almost equaled his disgusting behavior toward opponents and fans.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I worry about Paul.  Besides the steroids, he was bragging about getting into bar fights, putting away a fifth of whiskey a night in front of the TV, and gobbling Vicodin in the morning for the hangover.

Was anyone in any real contact with him?

You know, this could be him

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/sketchy-lawyer-billboards

How many one eyed lawyers can there be in the St.Louis area?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2014, 03:55:34 PM

What makes you think he was a lawyer? :huh:

Generally convicted cons can't be admitted to the bar.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2014, 12:54:01 PM
If I ever decide to quit Languish for good, that's what I'd do for sure.

I think that sucks. Just let people know you are going so they don't wonder what happened.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

Refresh me on who Savant was?

He was a business school professor in north carolina. I think he disappeared in the middle of some major event like the invasion of iraq and was on a posting binge, so I always wondered.

He had given me college related advice, so I have been looking out for him for a while.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2014, 04:43:27 PM

Indeed.  The lawyers wouldn't want to admit someone so foolish as to be caught.  The priesthood must maintain their high standards of unethical behavior.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

He said he was a lawyer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2014, 05:36:21 PM

He said he was a lawyer.

I don't think so...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.