News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

Started by Syt, April 09, 2014, 02:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Warrior

QuoteWarrior died on April 8, 2014. He had been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 5, appeared at Wrestlemania XXX on April 6, and made his first Raw appearance in 18 years on April 7, one day before his death.[63] According to TMZ, Warrior collapsed at 5:50 PM while walking to his car with his wife in Arizona outside of their hotel. He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.[64]

During his final appearance on Raw and less than 24 hours before his death, Warrior gave a speech to the fans and wrestlers past and present as his Ultimate Warrior character. During the speech he said,[65]

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

News spread quickly through social media of Warrior's passing. Jake Roberts, a fellow 2014 Hall of Fame inductee and former opponent in the ring, said that the two were able to finally put their past problems behind them. Roberts said "Deeply saddened. We just had a great talk & buried a senseless hatchet. Talked working together. RIP Warrior. Taking solace we made peace." Kevin Nash, another wrestler who has spent years publically feuding with Warrior was also able to end their problems. Nash said "So happy I embraced Warrior with a hug when we saw each other backstage Saturday night. My heart goes out to his family. Always Believe." Hulk Hogan, one of Warrior most hated rivals in and out of the ring said through his Twitter page "RIP WARRIOR. only love. HH"[

Age 54. Which is almost Biblical for a superstar of the 'roid era of the WWF.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

celedhring

He was the biggest thing on Earth during my childhood. RIP.  :cry:

Caliga

RIP.  Truly one of the greats. :cry:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Sad.  I always liked the Warrior back in the day.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

I remember Paul Atreides going on and on for page after page about how steroid use isn't bad for you. What is happening to wrestlers might be evidence to argue with him, but he isn't here anymore. I'm not sure that is a coincidence.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

I miss Paul. Sure, Baron Harkonnen was cooler, but Paul was okay too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2014, 09:01:48 AM
I remember Paul Atreides going on and on for page after page about how steroid use isn't bad for you. What is happening to wrestlers might be evidence to argue with him, but he isn't here anymore. I'm not sure that is a coincidence.

He sure kept one eye on the matter.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Capetan Mihali

I worry about Paul.  Besides the steroids, he was bragging about getting into bar fights, putting away a fifth of whiskey a night in front of the TV, and gobbling Vicodin in the morning for the hangover.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2014, 09:58:52 AM
I worry about Paul.  Besides the steroids, he was bragging about getting into bar fights, putting away a fifth of whiskey a night in front of the TV, and gobbling Vicodin in the morning for the hangover.

I don't think he'll do something stupid like rob a bank.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PRC

Ultimate Warrior was a big deal when I was watching wrestling as a kid.  Looking back at some of his promos on youtube though he really comes across as insane.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 09, 2014, 10:17:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior was a big deal when I was watching wrestling as a kid.  Looking back at some of his promos on youtube though he really comes across as insane.
But that was the style back then.  Hell, Macho Man used to cut these amazing stream-of-consciousness promos that made him seem like a lunatic, but were actually pretty cool.  Impressive, considering they used to just whip them up on the spot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 09, 2014, 09:58:52 AM

I strongly suspect he died. He was a very active poster, a bit older, and seemed to have a hard lifestyle. He just disappeared one day.

I think the same thing with Savant.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014