News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In London after Christmas, maybe

Started by Pedrito, December 12, 2013, 04:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

The Thames clipper is a great idea - get on at Westminster or Embankment, go down to Greenwich, have a look round there and then get back.

Equally I would suggest a walk along the South Bank in the evening after dark starting at Blackfriars Bridge and going west to Lambeth Bridge - you get lovely cross-river views of a lit-up St Paul's, the buildings on the Strand and of course Parliament.

A shame you have the family with you, otherwise I could suggest a few very sleazy nights out in West London.  :lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

The Queen is a bit mannish but that has more to do with age than anything else.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Pedrito

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2014, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on April 02, 2014, 11:48:22 AM
No doubt about it, but for a family of 5 it would be 440 GBP
:blink:

Christ.
:D I told you it was absurdly high.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Norgy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 02, 2014, 01:21:49 PM
I always recommend the riverboat service to tourists visiting London. You can pick it up at various points, I usually start at Westminster pier, and go downstream to Greenwich or upstream to Kew gardens. You get to see a lot of London from the river and get to rest your feet, fills in a few relaxing hours in a long hard day of tourism  :cool:

Hmm. I need to try that next time around.
Might even remember visiting London, too.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Gups

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2014, 07:21:37 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on February 19, 2014, 06:00:35 AM
- Rainforest Cafe ( <_<)
:wacko:

Please don't go to the Rainforest Cafe Pedrito. You'll pay a vast amount of money for shit food to people who are laughing at you as they pick your pocket.

http://cheesenbiscuits.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/rainforest-cafe-piccadilly.html

Caliga

I went to one in Nashville.  It was the same food you'd get at a TGI Friday's or Applebee's for like twice the price.  You're paying for a bunch of dumb animatronic shit and fake rainstorms every 20 minutes. :mellow:

mongers

Pedrito, instead make yourselves a picnic and hire some deck chairs in a London park; Hyde park is good, St.James nice and nearer to Westminster, but somewhat affected by traffic noise in the Mall.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

I'm guessing by your busy itinerary you won't have any time to meet any Languishites   :D

The Brain

You don't have the time for psychological romance.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

Quote from: Brazen on April 09, 2014, 09:18:09 AM
I'm guessing by your busy itinerary you won't have any time to meet any Languishites   :D
I'd love to meet the Languish Londoners!
The schedule potentially is pretty tight, but for what it's worth weather forecasts are promising shitty british weather for the five days of our stay, so I don't know if my planned Death marches around the city will be feasible. I mean, today here's 26° centigrades, and we're almost in short sleeves: next week in London the forecast is between 6° and 13° C   :glare:

Brazen, I did not forget you offered to immolate yourself in a South Bank Death March with La Famiglia, but I cannot make promises, the more so because the family's whims and necessities are pretty unpredictable  :(  It will be far easier to meet the Londoners when The Larch and I will be in London late July for the Monty Python show.

I will nevertheless keep you posted so that, if the occasion rises and everyone's schedules permit, we can have a drink together.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Pedrito on April 09, 2014, 11:42:03 AM
The schedule potentially is pretty tight, but for what it's worth weather forecasts are promising shitty british weather for the five days of our stay, so I don't know if my planned Death marches around the city will be feasible. I mean, today here's 26° centigrades, and we're almost in short sleeves: next week in London the forecast is between 6° and 13° C   :glare:
Forecast's for next week are pretty unreliable. Looking at it now the range seems to be somewhere between 8 and 20 degrees :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

There is the possibility that I may need to go to the UK soon on business. :ph34r:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2014, 03:39:01 PM
There is the possibility that I may need to go to the UK soon on business. :ph34r:

I'm sure Gups or Shelf could show you some really good eateries in The Smoke.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"