Discovered Art Challenges Views of Native American History

Started by Queequeg, March 28, 2014, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2014, 02:24:13 PM
Now I want Duck. I fucking love Duck.

How do you hold it still? By the neck, or do you hold it like a rugby ball?

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on April 01, 2014, 07:27:30 PM
It's kind of ironic too, given how into hipster beer derspiess is.

:angry:  I was into craft beer long before they discovered it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2014, 08:25:50 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 01, 2014, 07:27:30 PM
It's kind of ironic too, given how into hipster beer derspiess is.

:angry:  I was into craft beer long before they discovered it.

Speaking of beer, the commercial for Sam Adams 'Rebel IPA' makes me want to vomit. Chock full of beer hipster douches.

Beer drinkers.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2014, 08:31:09 AM
Speaking of beer, the commercial for Sam Adams 'Rebel IPA' makes me want to vomit. Chock full of beer hipster douches.

Beer drinkers.  :rolleyes:

Honestly haven't noticed it, but the beer itself is actually quite good.

I still need to try that beer that was aged in calvados barrels.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2014, 08:39:07 AM
Don't deflect from Sam Adams douichiness.

Jim Koch is a nice guy, despite the creepy voice.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2014, 08:50:18 AM
Since when have hipsters drunk microbrews?

About 3 or 4 years or so.  Drinking PBR became unironic after they did it too much, I guess.  It's more about the scene than anything, though.  One of the newer microbreweries downtown is hipster haven, and about 99% of that is due to the location.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 02, 2014, 09:01:50 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2014, 08:50:18 AM
Since when have hipsters drunk microbrews?

About 3 or 4 years or so.  Drinking PBR became unironic after they did it too much, I guess.  It's more about the scene than anything, though.  One of the newer microbreweries downtown is hipster haven, and about 99% of that is due to the location.

You guys need to stick with a "thing," otherwise we will conclude that you hipsters are all hat, no cattle.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on April 02, 2014, 12:56:15 PM
You guys need to stick with a "thing," otherwise we will conclude that you hipsters are all hat, no cattle.

Swing and a miss.

Queequeg

What do people have against microbreweries, and why are people assuming it was ever non-hipster? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on April 02, 2014, 02:06:34 PM
What do people have against microbreweries, and why are people assuming it was ever non-hipster?

I assumed microbrews were non-hipster because PBR has always been the mandatory rugged individualist noncomformist beer as far back as I can remember.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2014, 02:21:22 PM
Wide enough tent that both can fit in.

Yeah.  Depends on age and amount of disposable income as well.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)