Discovered Art Challenges Views of Native American History

Started by Queequeg, March 28, 2014, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2014, 09:31:22 AM
There's been a upsurge in ironic beekeeping?  I've never trusted bees, not after one stung me in the eye as a child.

Not even beekeepers trust bees. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2014, 07:20:16 AM
Isn't a limited ice age settlement from the east (in addition to the main bulk from Asia) accepted these days?
There's definitely a hypothesis (Solutrean?) but it's far from wide acceptance.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2014, 09:32:18 AM
:pinch: :pinch:

It really fucking hurt.  And thing is, I was minding my own business, I was riding my big wheel in a friends back yard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I was afraid of geese for most of my childhood because one once bit me on the finger.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Geese are nasty as hell.  A bunch live in the parking lot at work here and like to chase both people and cars, hissing and flapping their wings.  I wish we hadn't stopped eating the damn things.

Queequeg

I remember it had this nibly little teeth-like things.  I think I was about 5 but I remember it hurting a lot.  And I was just trying to pet it at a petting zoo. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2014, 12:07:30 PMAnd I was just trying to pet it at a petting zoo.

You put yourself at an immediate disadvantage.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2014, 11:55:47 AM
Geese are nasty as hell.  A bunch live in the parking lot at work here and like to chase both people and cars, hissing and flapping their wings.  I wish we hadn't stopped eating the damn things.

Damn geese are a nuisance. They crap all over ball fields, golf courses, etc. and make it a mess to try and use. I used to play softball on a baseball field that geese hung out at and it was a disgusting mess.

Queequeg

What do they taste like?  Duck meat is maybe my favorite fowl, so I suspect it is delicious. 

Caliga

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the geese shit all over the place in the parking lot. :sleep:

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2014, 12:12:47 PM
What do they taste like?  Duck meat is maybe my favorite fowl, so I suspect it is delicious.
Dunno, but I just Googled your question and the general consensus seems to be that they are delicious.

Capetan Mihali

I've had goose at Jewish holidays a couple of times.  Goose with kasha. :mmm:

A little greasy, but very tasty.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I wonder if Canadian Geese taste the same as domestic geese. :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2014, 12:29:36 PM
I wonder if Canadian Geese taste the same as domestic geese. :hmm:
how did you survive to adulthood?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Agelastus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 01, 2014, 12:12:47 PM

Goose is somewhat inferior to duck in my opinion, but its still a very nice meat.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."