What's your thought on pizza ingredients?

Started by The Larch, March 26, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your LEAST favourite pizza ingredient?

Onion
5 (11.4%)
Mushrooms
4 (9.1%)
Anchovies
19 (43.2%)
Peppers
0 (0%)
Olives
6 (13.6%)
Meat (either in general or a specific kind)
2 (4.5%)
Cheese (either in general or a specific kind)
0 (0%)
Sauce (either in general or a specific kind)
1 (2.3%)
Other
6 (13.6%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Admiral Yi

At least you can pick pineapple chunks off your pie.  Once spinach is on there, it's slimed forever.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2014, 08:06:59 PM
At least you can pick pineapple chunks off your pie.  Once spinach is on there, it's slimed forever.

Pineapple blood is difficult to remove, however.

Capetan Mihali

I love anchovies, but I seldom have any backers in putting it on a pizza these days. :(  I will admit the saltiness that is so great in other places can become a little overpowering on a pizza, though.

Pineapple on pizza is just insanity.  If there were a word like "goyish" to mean "un-Italian," it would be that.  Like PB&J on a cinnamon raisin bagel.

EDIT:  I guess I've heard "medigan" (American) used that way by my friends' older relatives, but not quite the same way.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

I really hate mushrooms, and olives are right behind.

I guess if I had to choose one though it would be anchovies, my mom and uncle used to always share an anchovy pizza and I had to eat in the other room.

I am not a fan of hot pineapple, but I can deal with it unlike the others.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
Wiki suggests that Hawaiian pizza is...Canadian! :o

That makes sense.  When it originally came out it was always paired with Canadian bacon.

garbon

But Canadian Bacon doesn't actually have links to Canada, does it?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Technically, anchovies, but it's not like they come by default on a pizza.  Onions, now, those on South Jersey pizzas are the fucking devil. :angry:
Experience bij!

garbon

I haven't been to the South Jersey shore in forever. Maybe I'll go this summer.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Soviet Canuckistanis can even fuck bacon up.

garbon

Internet seems to suggest that Canadians wouldn't refer to that product as Canadian bacon or even by plain term - bacon.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 09:11:45 PM
Internet seems to suggest that Canadians wouldn't refer to that product as Canadian bacon or even by plain term - bacon.

What you call Canadian bacon, we call back bacon.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2014, 10:14:06 PM
Soother back bacon in gaol.

I feel like reading this post just got me put on some kind of watchlist for sex offenders.

Giggity.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Canadian bacon is round so they can curl it.