And we're back!

Main Menu

What are your thoughts on Mushrooms?

Started by Viking, March 26, 2014, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

If I didn't have to feed Max, I would put mushrooms in any and all dishes that I could. I loveded them.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Did you useded to love them, or do you still loved them now?  :hmm:

Capetan Mihali

I'm not a huge fan of raw mushrooms. I really like them cooked, but don't buy them that much for some reason.  Honestly, it's probably because they aren't really visible in the produce section.  :blush:

Sprouts are what *I* can't stand.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

Quote from: Viking on March 26, 2014, 04:58:13 PM
Inspired by Meri.

I don't so much hate mushrooms as I hate the mere thought of mushrooms. And by not "so much hating" mushroom I mean I don't actually hate them. Just just hate the idea of mushrooms. They seem to have little to no taste but when I manage to identify their texture in a meal I feel revulsion. Had I not know there were mushrooms in the stew I just ate I would have lived my life without any issue. But, the act of knowing that there are mushrooms in a dish feeds a visceral emotional purely psychological distaste for that dish.

As for onions, really good in soups and broths and stews where the add to the savory/umami'ness of a dish.

:hug:  Agreed completely, kill them with fire.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on March 26, 2014, 08:11:03 PM
If I didn't have to feed Max, I would put mushrooms in any and all dishes that I could. I loveded them.

C'mon, it's not like you're smoking them.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

katmai

Where does it say you NEED to feed him, he has two hands doesn't he?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

I've been slowly warming up to mushrooms.  They're still very much in the category of "I like them as a topper ONLY" for me- I'm quite the sucker for a mushroom pizza or a burger with sauteed 'shrooms and swiss cheese.  And I have been known to have the VERY occasional portabello steak (fuck Chrome for not recognizing "portabello" as a valid word, BTW).

Other than that, though, I don't touch 'em.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

I enjoy nice sauteed mushrooms.  Also good on a salad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Mean sauteed mushrooms are literally the worst.

Razgovory

Also if you can find them morels are tasty, tasty mushrooms.  I remember as a young boy, I found some at my grandma's house.  She cooked them and they were delicious.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Mushrooms sauteed with garlic and with sour cream alongside a good rare steak - good. They're also necessary for most game dishes in my opinion.
They're not integral to any dish, in my opinion, but make a fine sideshow.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Norgy on March 27, 2014, 06:51:17 AMThey're not integral to any dish, in my opinion, but make a fine sideshow.

If you don't put them in stuffed mushrooms, I find the final product lacks something.