Will Coldplay's Music Finally Embrace Some Emotional Range?

Started by mongers, March 25, 2014, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay star Chris Martin to separate

Hollywood star Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay singer Chris Martin are to separate after more than 10 years of marriage, the couple have said.

Paltrow, 41, and Martin, 37, announced the split on her blog in a post titled "Conscious Uncoupling".

"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate," the couple wrote.

The pair, who married in December 2003, have two children, Apple, nine, and Moses, seven.

A spokeswoman for the Coldplay frontman confirmed the split, the Associated Press news agency has reported.

In the message on the Iron Man actress's blog on the website Goop.com, the couple said they had "come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much, we will remain separate".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26742965
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

CountDeMoney

You know how I know you're gay?  You started this thread.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually apparently people are so interested that goop.com fell off the net. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I bet it's because she stopped shaving her biscuit.

Actually, I bet it's because she finally realized what a mook he is.

Tamas

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2014, 09:44:47 PM
At least he didn't give us a link to goop.
Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2014, 09:46:48 PM
Actually apparently people are so interested that goop.com fell off the net. :D

No idea what goop.com ended up as, but it started out as a personal site for Whitman Mayo, who played Grady on Sanford & Son.  I remember him mentioning it Conan back in the day.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990208004517/http://goop.com/

RIP GRADY
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

I tried to listen to a Coldplay song once. It was laughably horrible.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on March 26, 2014, 11:10:41 AM
I tried to listen to a Coldplay song once. It was laughably horrible.

For years, being somewhat deaf and not hearing some consonants well, I heard and thought they were called Codplay.  :huh:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive