Boeing, Cupertino to 'explore weaponisation of Apple technologies'

Started by mongers, April 01, 2014, 06:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

BB will be annoyed:

Boeing, Cupertino to 'explore weaponisation of Apple technologies'

Tech used in MacBook Air's aluminum chassis slated to become wings for killer drones

Boeing and Apple will work together to "weaponise" Apple technology, after the aerospace giant found aluminium-milling techniques developed by Apple to build the MacBook Air's case result in a stronger, more versatile aircraft wings than it is possible to create with its own manufacturing practices.

Full article here:
http://m.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/01/macbook_air_to_become_wings_for_killer_drones/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

This looks like an advertisement for Apple products.  I am a bit sceptical about the article, as I find it a bit hard to believe that Apple knows more about aluminum than Boeing.  Apple's strength is probably in software and user-interface. 

Won't be a big deal even if it is true though.   

Agelastus

Better than most of the British contributions to April Fools Day this year. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2014, 06:37:45 AM
April Fools stuff doesn't work on April 1st.

Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2014, 06:39:38 AM
This looks like an advertisement for Apple products.  I am a bit sceptical about the article, as I find it a bit hard to believe that Apple knows more about aluminum than Boeing.  Apple's strength is probably in software and user-interface. 

Won't be a big deal even if it is true though.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"