Ebola and other Epidemics, Inadequate Healthcare Threatens Millions

Started by mongers, March 23, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

They had Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champs 1992 on all of them.

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2014, 10:23:32 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2014, 07:02:29 AM
Relax.
You always say that. At what threshold is okay not to relax? 100,000 cases? 250,000? More?

When there are multiple cases in the West.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2014, 10:58:14 AM
The 60,000 bags didnt meet QA\QC standards in the West, so they got a deal.  Zippers are on the inside.

We better hope the zombies don't know how to use zippers then.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 04, 2014, 12:29:29 PM
Relax.
You always say that. At what threshold is okay not to relax? 100,000 cases? 250,000? More?

Ah, but I actually have a conscience and care what happens to people regardless of location. I have no fear of there being a big outbreak in a western country, that does not mean I do not care. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Why do Americans write the month first? Just to be different? I'll have you know Belize also uses that format, so you're not a snowflake here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on September 05, 2014, 02:17:47 AM
Why do Americans write the month first? Just to be different? I'll have you know Belize also uses that format, so you're not a snowflake here.
Probably because that's how we'd say it in a sentence.  April 1st. We don't say the first of April nearly as often.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Anyways, the cases have doubled from what they were 22 days ago, which were double what they were 30 days before that, which were double what they were 35 days before that. Periodic doubling would indicate exponential growth, but the rate of doubling is itself increasing..

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2014, 05:18:46 PM
Relax.

Ah, but I actually have a conscience and care what happens to people regardless of location. I have no fear of there being a big outbreak in a western country, that does not mean I do not care.

You are a better human being than all of us, Tim.

I mean that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 05, 2014, 07:07:21 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2014, 05:18:46 PM
Relax.

You are a better human being than all of us, Tim.

I mean that.

I believe that to be true.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

The same reason we don't use metric. To annoy people.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Here's what wikipedia has:

QuoteThis sequence is used primarily in the United States. This date format was commonly used alongside the little-endian form in the United Kingdom until the mid-20th century and can be found in both defunct and modern print media such as the London Gazette and The Times, respectively. In the United States, it is said as Sunday, November 9, although usage of "the" isn't uncommon (e.g. Sunday, November the 9th, and even November the 9th, Sunday, are also possible and readily understood).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2014, 04:29:00 AM
3900 cases, 2100 dead. :(

Tim, have you considered that you'd taint is leaking out and making this crisis worse ?

Maybe you could try not posting in the thread and eventually they'll then get the epidemic under control, worth a try no ? :unsure:

It would be our version of 'praying' for these unfortunate people ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"