Ebola and other Epidemics, Inadequate Healthcare Threatens Millions

Started by mongers, March 23, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Am I the only person who consistently misreads this thread's topic as "ebola and other ebonics"?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2014, 06:11:00 PM
I've been doing some basic searches of the forum, and I'm kind of surprised how you never demonstrated this level of concern about the H1N1 scare of 2009-10, which was profoundly more dangerous than a blood and bodily fluid-born viral hemorrhagic fever. 

Fun way to spend your weekend.

QuoteIn fact, with the exception of mentioning that the little missus drags her feet when it comes to flue shots, you did not participate in any of the H1NI/Swine Fru threads at all.  :lol:

I wonder why that is?  :hmm:

I'm sure your "basic" search turned up that I abstained from this thread for quite a while as well.  I only took interest in it fairly recently.

In any case, the difference in death rate is what makes Ebola (70-90%) a bit more concerning than swine flu (0.02%).  But nice try on the race accusation.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2014, 09:33:27 AM
I'm sure your "basic" search turned up that I abstained from this thread for quite a while as well.  I only took interest in it fairly recently.

My basic search turned up a post by you on page 1.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2014, 09:33:27 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2014, 06:11:00 PM
I've been doing some basic searches of the forum, and I'm kind of surprised how you never demonstrated this level of concern about the H1N1 scare of 2009-10, which was profoundly more dangerous than a blood and bodily fluid-born viral hemorrhagic fever. 

Fun way to spend your weekend.

Lots of free time on my hands these days.

QuoteIn fact, with the exception of mentioning that the little missus drags her feet when it comes to flue shots, you did not participate in any of the H1NI/Swine Fru threads at all.  :lol:

I wonder why that is?  :hmm:

In any case, the difference in death rate is what makes Ebola (70-90%) a bit more concerning than swine flu (0.02%).  But nice try on the race accusation.

Not an accusation at all, just a statement of fact.  If these were white people were coming from Europe, you'd be inviting them to the CrackerFest '14 instead of isolation.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
Not an accusation at all, just a statement of fact.  If these were white people were coming from Europe, you'd be inviting them to the CrackerFest '14 instead of isolation.

Sure, because there is no outbreak in Europe. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2014, 10:02:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2014, 10:00:30 AM

Sure, because there is no outbreak in Europe.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Bandwidth don't cost nothing, and I have a human right to it.

Eddie Teach

Martinus

So now apparently Christian pastors in Liberia are calling on the faithful to retaliate against local gays, as they are to blame for Ebola - a clear sign of God's anger.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/45832-liberias-gay-population-is-being-blamed-for-ebola-and-punished-with-violence

Why don't we just cut all flights to and from Africa and let these savages die in their own filth? Perhaps in a few generations the continent could be recolonized, this time with civilised people?

Eddie Teach

You do realize there is a land connection between Africa and Poland, don't you?  :ph34r: