News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Neil, March 17, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

My first year missing the LFFL. :cry:  Now I'll have to pick one of you bastards to root for.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Wow RG3 slides awkwardly twice, gets up limping the second time. 

alfred russel

Manziel flips off the redskins. We should set odds on what will destroy his spirit first: an NFL defender tired of hearing about Manziel, or the league office.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 18, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Manziel flips off the redskins. We should set odds on what will destroy his spirit first: an NFL defender tired of hearing about Manziel, or the league office.

Brian Orakpo laughs at Aggies:

Quote"It was hilarious," said Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo, who was pegged by one teammate as the instigator. "We were messing with him a little bit, just saying this ain't college and stuff like that. We were having a little fun.

"Manziel flipped us off. It was something funny. We were all laughing on the sidelines."

Anyway RGIII is ok but maybe this means the Redskins will consider having three QBs.  Colt did throw another Touchdown against a NFL (4th string) defense!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Coldplay, Rihanna, and Katy Perry asked to pay to play the Super Bowl halftime show

QuoteRihanna, Katy Perry, or Coldplay might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show this year—that is, if they're willing to pay up. According to The Wall Street Journal, the NFL has narrowed down its list of potential performers for the 2015 gig to those three candidates, though it's also asking "at least some of the acts" if they'd be willing to pay the league for the privilege of playing the halftime show—something that's absolutely insane, but not 100 percent unreasonable, considering how many people actually watch the performance. Alternately (and this is where it gets wacky), they should "be willing to contribute a portion of their post-Super Bowl tour income to the league."

While the Super Bowl halftime show is obviously a choice gig, the idea that the NFL thinks it should then be owed part of Katy Perry's tour revenue is laughable. If anything, it seems like Perry's touring potential would only diminish after the show, after all her casual fans catch the few songs they want to see during her seven-minute halftime slot for free. Of course, the NFL could point to Beyoncé's post-Super Bowl tour earnings as an example of how the halftime show can ramp up revenue—but that's an anomaly, helped by the fact that Beyoncé hadn't been on in the road in years, and by being Beyoncé.

I guess the NFL has decided that every aspect of the Super Bowl should be a money maker.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2014, 08:10:27 AM
Anyway RGIII is ok but maybe this means the Redskins will consider having three QBs.

Going to have to;  he's not going to see yhe end of October.  Obviously didnt learn his lesson his rookie year.

CountDeMoney

OK, so it's over the top, and it's silly, and it's stupid. But it's Madden.

Madden NFL 15: Madden Season

http://youtu.be/-DL0W9AUCuY

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2014, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2014, 08:10:27 AM
Anyway RGIII is ok but maybe this means the Redskins will consider having three QBs.

Going to have to;  he's not going to see yhe end of October.  Obviously didnt learn his lesson his rookie year.

He is Michael Vick but smaller and less durable.  Vince Young had this magical ability to never get hit hard or injured.  So did Marcus Allen, who looked like he would be snapped in half in about five minutes on an NFL field, but nobody ever really got a good crack on him.  But RG3 just gets blasted, even in freaking preseason games.  So yeah...the skins might be fucked if he cannot start flopping and running out of bounds.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Marcus Allen called, said for you to stop talking out of your ass about him.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2014, 10:31:24 AM
Marcus Allen called, said for you to stop talking out of your ass about him.

Which part?

Liep

Rihanna, Katy Perry and Coldplay are on the shortlist for the NFL Halftime Show. Great.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on August 21, 2014, 09:10:26 AM
Rihanna, Katy Perry and Coldplay are on the shortlist for the NFL Halftime Show. Great.

They should pay me to watch them.  Though I'd watch Katy Perry for free, with the sound turned down.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2014, 11:32:17 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 21, 2014, 09:10:26 AM

They should pay me to watch them.  Though I'd watch Katy Perry for free, with the sound turned down.

Does she: melt your popsicle?

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil, be sure to catch the Foreskins-Ravens highlights tonight.  Steve Smith plays like this all season?  Wow.