And we're back!

Main Menu

Atlanta's Food Deserts

Started by Syt, March 17, 2014, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on March 18, 2014, 08:20:23 AM
That doesn't seem to follow.

You are giving too much into textures because you can't taste for shits.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

A gentleman drinks brandy. Mixed with painkillers.

:bowler:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 08:42:15 AM
'Mouthfeel' is a legit term for wine & beer tasting.
Also coffee and chocolate.

Anyone who uses it in conversation deserves a smack though.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 18, 2014, 08:58:11 AM
A gentleman drinks brandy. Mixed with painkillers.

:bowler:

Worked for Marilyn Monroe.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

So about gin and sleeping pills? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2014, 08:58:04 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 18, 2014, 08:20:23 AM
That doesn't seem to follow.

You are giving too much into textures because you can't taste for shits.

Then I must not have been able to taste when I was five, because I fucking hated oranges then, too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Yes, you have no sense of smell.

Admiral Yi

Mouthfeel is what Mickey D's is best at.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on March 18, 2014, 08:16:23 AM
Anyway, relax.  I drink their juices, use their flavors; I merely deride their pulp.

I don't think that fruit juice is really so healthy. With the amount of sugar it contains, it is about as bad as soda.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2014, 11:24:23 AM
Anyway, relax.  I drink their juices, use their flavors; I merely deride their pulp.

I don't think that fruit juice is really so healthy. With the amount of sugar it contains, it is about as bad as soda.

But he drinks tons of diet soda to cancel it out, so it's all good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Reese's Cup are also, nutrionally speaking, a wash.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: derspiess on March 18, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

But he drinks tons of diet soda to cancel it out, so it's all good.

Indeed, Alfred needs to learn some science and find out about pH levels before he derides Ide's scientific approach to diet.

Ideologue

Now I'm eating day-old cookies.  Texture: ideal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

It's important to keep the humors - black bile, yellow bilde, blood and phlegm - in balance is all.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.