News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Operation: Rescue The Nigger Fish

Started by CountDeMoney, June 06, 2009, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Operation Rescue The Nigger Fish + 5.

All still present and accounted for.  No outward signs of distress.  The pleco hides in the aircraft carrier.  The babies are in their own bowl at the moment.

I've been shopping for 55- and 110-gallon displays.  :blush:

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2009, 05:47:40 AM
Operation Rescue The Nigger Fish + 5.

All still present and accounted for.  No outward signs of distress.  The pleco hides in the aircraft carrier.  The babies are in their own bowl at the moment.

I thought you have already bought a tank?  You want to buy another???

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on June 11, 2009, 05:54:46 AM

Yes.  Bigger. Better.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2009, 05:56:13 AM

Yes.  Bigger. Better.

What about the tank you already have?  You go to war with the tank you have, not the tank you wish you have.

DisturbedPervert

African Cichlids, or even better, salt water. 

lustindarkness

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 11, 2009, 09:16:18 AM

African Cichlids, or even better, salt water. 

Yes to the cichlids, no to saltwater if lazy, yes if willing to keep correctly.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 11, 2009, 09:37:07 AM
Yes to the cichlids, no to saltwater if lazy, yes if willing to keep correctly.

Yeah, salt water is a lot of work and you have to know what you're doing, and it's expensive, but it's well worth it. 

African Cichlids are a nice middle ground.

lustindarkness

I now have a tank full of fucking multiply like rabbits guppys, a few neons and other assorted pretty little fishies and one big humongous "sucker".  :mad: I don't even feed them, I wan't them to die like mine did  :cry:, so I can get a cichlids. I've been trying to convince CF to let me just buy one and throw him in there.  :menace:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 11, 2009, 10:17:31 AMI've been trying to convince CF to let me just buy one and throw him in there.  :menace:

:lol:

I had one mean bastard, started off small and friendly and yellow, and turned into this huge black and grey monstrosity that savaged anything that came near 'his' rock.  The only thing he was afraid of was the sucker fish.

HVC

Don't go seawater. it's more expensive, and one little change in the ecosystem and you get a nice alge bloom which at best makes your tank look like shit, or at worst will kill all your expensive fish.

Plus, as an animal friendly guy i don't think you'd like the fact that most of those fiush are wild caught causing significant ecological damage.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2009, 05:56:13 AM

Yes.  Bigger. Better.

And he'll need a bigger tank if he is going to complete the simulation of the entirety of losses at the Battle of the Coral Sea.

Richard Hakluyt

A model of the Nautilus should be next on the agenda  :cool:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 11, 2009, 10:46:02 AM
And he'll need a bigger tank if he is going to complete the simulation of the entirety of losses at the Battle of the Coral Sea.

Shit, I want Leyte Gulf.

CountDeMoney

By the way, I found a floater this morning.  A big one.  No, the fish.

I think she died in childbirth: to wit, she was one of the big females, there was one baby in the tank, couldn't locate him anymore.

Either that, or she died because she didn't have access to proper reproductive services, as is her constitutional right.