News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Operation: Rescue The Nigger Fish

Started by CountDeMoney, June 06, 2009, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Monoriu on June 09, 2009, 11:05:44 PM
There is absolutely no way my flat has enough space for a fish tank of that size.

Indeed, it already has one, poor soul trapped in its existence with little hope of escape, occasionally fed by its masters.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Quote from: Habbaku on June 09, 2009, 11:08:43 PM
There is absolutely no way my flat has enough space for a fish tank of that size.

Indeed, it already has one, poor soul trapped in its existence with little hope of escape, occasionally fed by its masters.

Huh.  Never thought of it that way.  Reminds me of the time I just bought the flat though.  My boss kept reminding me of ...errr... my new financial obligations and hence my inability to change jobs. 

CountDeMoney

I bet if they had some sort of mystical powers for longevity or better erections or some other kind of debunked voodoo "traditional medicine" bullshit you crazy yellow fucks still believe in at the cost of the world's ecosystems and endangered species, you'd have one in a fucking heartbeat.

But, like Hab implied, I'm sure your wife sprinkles some food flakes around for you from time to time.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 10, 2009, 12:14:30 AM

I bet if they had some sort of mystical powers for longevity or better erections or some other kind of debunked voodoo "traditional medicine" bullshit you crazy yellow fucks still believe in at the cost of the world's ecosystems and endangered species, you'd have one in a fucking heartbeat.

:yes:

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 09, 2009, 09:29:01 PM
Fish are stupid.
I decided to turn the light off on the aquarium, to see if the pleco would come out, and they all hauled ass to bang into the side of the tank, towards the desk lamp lit on the other side of the room.  Damned near knocked themselves out.

The fish I had as a kid eventually learned that when the aquarium light came on, it was feeding time.

This generation of fish, though, has their heads full of hip-hop and video games. I weep for the future.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Richard Hakluyt

Indeed, in HK tanks like that are known as "infinity pools"  :D

Brazen

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on June 10, 2009, 03:56:47 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2009, 01:25:32 AM
Fish are good Feng Shui for wealth. Just saying.

Only if you have the right kind of fish, with the right kind of tank, facing the right direction, and in harmony with the surroundings :nerd:

Besides, I'll believe in this shit when my Feng Shui master father-in-law ceases to be poor  :lol:

Syt

Mono, do you believe in any traditional religion, legend, or other belief of your mighty home country of Red China?

(I am NOT counting monetary wealth :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2009, 04:55:47 AM
Only if you have the right kind of fish, with the right kind of tank, facing the right direction, and in harmony with the surroundings :nerd:

Besides, I'll believe in this shit when my Feng Shui master father-in-law ceases to be poor  :lol:
Hey, I had one of those too. So much he was used as an expert witness in a Feng Shui base fraud case. He got quite wealthy at it though...  :lol:

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2009, 04:57:52 AM
Mono, do you believe in any traditional religion, legend, or other belief of your mighty home country of Red China?

(I am NOT counting monetary wealth :P )

There is a tradition for married couples to give pocket money to children during Chinese new year.  I ceased to believe in this when I became married.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Brazen on June 10, 2009, 03:56:47 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2009, 01:25:32 AM
Fish are good Feng Shui for wealth. Just saying.

Is he poorer than you?  :P

Monoriu

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

If only all poor people were like those in Hong Kong, and had $400k to spend on apartments.   :(