And we're back!

Main Menu

Operation: Rescue The Nigger Fish

Started by CountDeMoney, June 06, 2009, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Is this Animal Precinct: B'more:contract:

CountDeMoney

I came home from being out all afternoon, and the only thing amiss was a certain spilled can of fish food next to the aquarium, most likely knocked over by a certain suddenly interested cat.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2009, 03:44:24 PM
I came home from being out all afternoon, and the only thing amiss was a certain spilled can of fish food next to the aquarium, most likely knocked over by a certain suddenly interested cat.
If the cat starts getting interested in deep-sea diving outfits or invests in a dry suit, get worried.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

J, I recommend the best filter you can get, (bigger tank would be better too) you will have to do 25% water changes everyonce in a while anyway but it would help in the long run with the cleaning. The big shit eater (he will get big) can use algae tablets everyonce in a while, mine is like 8 inches long (the fish :D). Natural water plants help oxygenate the water. Siphon, 5 gal bucket, buy it.
For a fun survival of the fittest test, get a good african cichlid, I would recommend one in memory of my old "Chipo", melanochromis chipokae, ate everyone else in the tank and lasted alone for about 5 years until I got deployed and CF did killed him cleaning the tank her way.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Those algae eaters are quite cool. We tried one in our fish tank once but the big goldfish kept beating the crap out of it and it died :(
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Those algae eaters also help cleaning the fish tank's glass panes. :yes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

The big algae eater has decided he's going to live in the sunken aircraft carrier.  Tail sticking out of the bow, he must like the current coming through the hole amidship where the Jap torpedo took her down.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 07, 2009, 09:33:29 PM
J, I recommend the best filter you can get, (bigger tank would be better too) you will have to do 25% water changes everyonce in a while anyway but it would help in the long run with the cleaning. The big shit eater (he will get big) can use algae tablets everyonce in a while, mine is like 8 inches long (the fish :D). Natural water plants help oxygenate the water. Siphon, 5 gal bucket, buy it.

Thanks for the tips.

Caliga

What makes you think the negress who previously owned the fishies won't come back for them?  "YO MUFUGGA DEMS BE MAH FIZISHES"  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2009, 05:38:55 AM
What makes you think the negress who previously owned the fishies won't come back for them?  "YO MUFUGGA DEMS BE MAH FIZISHES"  :)

They came back for all the shit yesterday.  Nobody asked for shit.

Apparently I missed a fish.  They dumped out what was left of the tank, and there he was, dead in the mulch.

Then I broke down like Schindler.  I COULD HAVE SAVED ONE MORE!!!!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2009, 05:54:12 AM

Apparently I missed a fish.  They dumped out what was left of the tank, and there he was, dead in the mulch.

Then I broke down like Schindler.  I COULD HAVE SAVED ONE MORE!!!!
One of your best threads ever. :lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Jesus, Tim, laugh at another man's pain.  Sick motherfuck.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2009, 05:54:12 AM

:cry: It could have been so beautiful.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Fish are stupid.
I decided to turn the light off on the aquarium, to see if the pleco would come out, and they all hauled ass to bang into the side of the tank, towards the desk lamp lit on the other side of the room.  Damned near knocked themselves out.

Monoriu

There is absolutely no way my flat has enough space for a fish tank of that size.