News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Anime Thread

Started by Monoriu, February 25, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

I'm sorry. I had too many light beers and I am listening to Chandelier.
Did you just say that there is a secong season?
Because Netflux only have one season available.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Fuck man, speak fucking englese.
Is it there a second season for SAO?

Agelastus

Quote from: Siege on November 16, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

Being broadcast in Japan now.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Monoriu

Quote from: Siege on November 16, 2014, 05:05:54 PM
Hey guys, FUCK YOU ALL!!!!1111

You never told me how good Sword Art Online was, and I had it in my list for over a year and I only got to watch it this last week.

FUCK YOU ALL!!!!111

I believe I recommended this show early in this thread  :P

Monoriu

Quote from: Siege on November 16, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

Yes.  Sword Art online is 25 + 1 + 24.  25 is first season, with two arcs - Aincrad (1-14) and Alfheim (15-25).  The 1 is a two-hour TV special (extra edition) that is 80% recap and 20% short story.  You can skip this safely.  24 is second season with two arcs - Gun Gale Online (1--14) and Mother's Rosario (15 onwards).  It is ongoing and episode 19 was broadcast several days ago.  My personal opinion is -

Aincrad: 10/10 (hall of fame material)
Alfheim: 7/10 (notable drop in quality but it is a must see if you want to see the end of the Aincrad story)
Extra Edition: 7/10 (not bad for a recap but still a recap)
Gun Gale Online: 9/10 (return to form and pretty nice)
Mother's Rosario: On-going.

Oh and, don't bother with all the Sword Art Offline specials.  I've watched them all to tell you that they are all crap.

Monoriu

Siege, if you like SAO and virtual reality, watch Accel World and Log Horizon too (I also recommended these shows many pages back).  Both are about virtual realities and games.  Accel World is based on a novel by the same author as SAO.  Log Horizon's novel is by a different author and is a lighter and softer version of SAO.

Savonarola

I watched Noragami.  It's about a happy-go-lucky loser god and a girl who hovers between the mortal world and the spirit one after a near death encounter; but the god has a dark past and secrets are soon revealed.  The series goes from light and cartoony to dark and violent in the course of 12 episodes.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Monoriu

Quote from: Savonarola on November 17, 2014, 04:15:33 PM
I watched Noragami.  It's about a happy-go-lucky loser god and a girl who hovers between the mortal world and the spirit one after a near death encounter; but the god has a dark past and secrets are soon revealed.  The series goes from light and cartoony to dark and violent in the course of 12 episodes.

Oh I thought it is a rags to riches story after reading this-

Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine and gain recognition as a god, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god."

I became super excited when I read about the 5-yen thing and decided to watch this

Malthus

Here's something for you anime lovers - Japanese scientists provide scientific proof that looking at "cute" images is healthy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210614/The-power-cute-How-looking-pictures-baby-animals-help-improve-concentration-levels.html

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2014, 02:56:05 PM
Here's something for you anime lovers - Japanese scientists provide scientific proof that looking at "cute" images is healthy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210614/The-power-cute-How-looking-pictures-baby-animals-help-improve-concentration-levels.html

;)

Well, the problem with anime is that you never know if the cute girl you just saw will get her head chopped off in the next minute or not  ;)

Siege

Quote from: Savonarola on November 17, 2014, 04:15:33 PM

Really?
I started watching Noragami and I quit because it was too chidish for my taste.
I might continue now that say it becomes darker.

Siege

Quote from: Monoriu on November 18, 2014, 05:26:24 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 18, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

;)

Well, the problem with anime is that you never know if the cute girl you just saw will get her head chopped off in the next minute or not  ;)

I wish more anime did this.
I was so excited when the main character got kill in Attack on Titan, but not, the fucker was alive. So disapointed.

I wish all writters were like GRRM in book one of ASOIF.

Monoriu

Quote from: Siege on November 19, 2014, 12:11:55 PM

I wish more anime did this.
I was so excited when the main character got kill in Attack on Titan, but not, the fucker was alive. So disapointed.

I wish all writters were like GRRM in book one of ASOIF.

Gen Urobuchi is your answer.  Watch Puella Magi Madoka Magika and Fate Zero  :hug:

Monoriu

Season 2 of Attack on Titan to air in 2016.

According to a tweet from a person who attended the movie's premiere, it was announced at the end of Shingeki no Kyojin Movie 1: Guren no Yumiya that Shingeki no Kyojin 2nd Season will air in 2016. Also announced was the premiere date of Shingeki no Kyojin Movie 2: Jiyuu no Tsubasa, which will be June 27, 2015.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.