News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

airbnb.com/onefinestay.com experiences

Started by Pedrito, February 16, 2014, 12:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Has anyone ever used one fo these services before?

I'm looking for an apartment in London for some days in April,and I've found the same apartment: on Airbnb it's listed at 485 euros/night, on Onefinestay it's listed at 1,874 pounds/night! Where's the scam?  :hmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

Over €2000 a night? Damn, for that money the furniture better include a young Leigh Taylor-Young.

stjaba

I have had several positive experiences with Airbnb, always as a guest. Ideally, try to choose a place with a few good reviews, but in any event I would recommend it.

Grinning_Colossus

Those prices are nuts. Last summer my brother and I stayed in apartments in Rome, Florence, Paris, and Berlin for less than $100/night.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Larch

First of all, those prices are outrageous. Is it really per day or maybe it is per week?

Secondly, I haven't personally used airbnb but several friends have and they've all had good experiences. It is certainly better for long-ish stays rather than just a few days.

Can you link us to the appartment you're talking about?

Richard Hakluyt

Found places for £120-£150 a night just glancing at these http://www.housetrip.com/en/london?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Blondon%20vacation%20apartments&utm_source=google&creative=36308509977&gclid=COyawea60bwCFWXnwgodxHgArw . The rates you have quoted are insane even for London..........unless you happened to have picked up a few million since we last met and want to stay in the perfect place with money no object  :D

Brazen

Pedrito

Consider I'll be in London with the family so I'm looking to 2- to 3- bedroom apts, 5 beds, so prices are obviously high.
But looking at several apartments, I'm getting the idea there are lots and lots of scammers. A whole lot of apts in the Chelsea/Kensington area are offered at relatively low prices by people who registered on the site in February 2014  and are without a single feedback message :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

PDH

I am sure B would let you stay for, at the most, £1200 per night.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on February 16, 2014, 04:29:13 PM
Consider I'll be in London with the family so I'm looking to 2- to 3- bedroom apts, 5 beds, so prices are obviously high.
But looking at several apartments, I'm getting the idea there are lots and lots of scammers. A whole lot of apts in the Chelsea/Kensington area are offered at relatively low prices by people who registered on the site in February 2014  and are without a single feedback message :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

L.

Even with those conditions I can still find several fancy places in London for around 200-300 €/night.

Pedrito

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 16, 2014, 03:20:43 PM
Found places for £120-£150 a night just glancing at these http://www.housetrip.com/en/london?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2Blondon%20vacation%20apartments&utm_source=google&creative=36308509977&gclid=COyawea60bwCFWXnwgodxHgArw . The rates you have quoted are insane even for London..........unless you happened to have picked up a few million since we last met and want to stay in the perfect place with money no object  :D
Not at all Richard  :lol:

I was simply looking at some apts, and noticed the pretty obvious scam.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Sheilbh

Quote from: Pedrito on February 16, 2014, 12:21:00 PM
I'm looking for an apartment in London for some days in April,and I've found the same apartment: on Airbnb it's listed at 485 euros/night, on Onefinestay it's listed at 1,874 pounds/night! Where's the scam?  :hmm:
We need a fainting smiley.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

I used Studios2Let last year, they have multiple locations which are quite centrally located.
Basic stuff but the prices are really good.

Jacob

I used airbnb once, and had a good experience.

I'd also report the suspected scammers on airbnb, if there is such a function. They are likely to take scams, or the appearance of scams, fairly seriously since it'll undermine their business model if scams are widespread.

Admiral Yi