News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How often do you drink?

Started by Queequeg, February 13, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you drink?

World consolidation into a few Mega States?
4 (6.2%)
More than 4 times a week, with some going in to extreme drunkenness
1 (1.5%)
More than 4 times a week, rarely to extreme drunkenness
12 (18.5%)
Between 4-2 times a week, with the occasional actual drunkenness
3 (4.6%)
Between 4-2 times a week, much less frequently to real drunkenness
9 (13.8%)
About once a week, frequently to real drunkenness
2 (3.1%)
About once a week, rarely to actual drunkenness
10 (15.4%)
Maybe once or twice a month, but frequently to actual drunkenness
2 (3.1%)
Maybe once or twice a month, and of that rarely to real drunkenness
9 (13.8%)
Very infrequently, only a few times a year or at special events.
6 (9.2%)
I have previously imbibed alcoholic drinks, but have not in a long time.
4 (6.2%)
It is prohibited by my religion.
0 (0%)
Never; it never appealed to me.
3 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Queequeg

Ah.  By drunk I meant coming close to passing out or passing out, not necessarily getting sick.  I get loud, obnoxiously drunk pretty quickly but have only vomited due to alcohol consumption once or twice in my life. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Queequeg on February 13, 2014, 08:53:19 PM
Ah.  By drunk I meant coming close to passing out or passing out,

Ok, by that definition I have never been drunk.

Btw, why would someone do that to themselves?

Queequeg

That depends.  I brownout; I drink, have fun, then misjudge the amount of alcohol I need to consume to continue the present state of drunkenness, and then become tired and have to go home or find a place to nap/sleep.  That said, this is obviously not something I do that frequently after college. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Again; I'm weird with alcohol.  I get drunk very easily, but it takes a lot in order to make me feel truly sick, and very rarely get hangovers. 

Queequeg

TBH I actually don't like that definition though.  I think "incoherence" is probably the best distinguisher from drunk to non-drunk. 

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on February 13, 2014, 08:58:49 PM
I think "incoherence" is probably best distinguishes from drunk to non-drunk. 

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

sbr

Too much and more often that I should.

Queequeg

This is probably the best spread on any poll I've ever seen on this board.

Caliga

I would guess about 3 times a week on average, and I haven't been drunk in probably a decade or so.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

It really varies. My parents are staying with us right now, and we often have a beer or glass of wine with dinner. Probably 5 or 6 times a week. Other times, it's more like once a month that i have a drink.

As for getting an actual buzz on, maybe twice a year. Sloppy drunk? Not for years and years.

... not sure how to vote, but those are the facts.

Syt

Maybe a beer or a glass of whisky per week. But it's been a loooong while since I've been drunk. The recovery time afterwards is just not worth it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Huh.  I find this very strange.  I can drink quite a bit, say around 4 hard-hitting cocktails, and wake up feeling, if anything, refreshed. 

dps

Very infrequently.  I generally get us a bottle of wine at Christmas, and another for New Year's and maybe 2-4 6-packs of beer the rest of the year.

I don't think I've actually been drunk since 1988.

Habbaku

Once or twice a month, at most.  Usually to fun-level of inebriation, but no further.  I think I have a pretty good sense of when to cut myself off and I simply don't drink anything other than water or soda once I've hit a good buzz.

I occasionally have a cider with lunch when at home, if that counts too.  :cheers:

Spellus, I'm like you.  I have never had any of the usual side-effects I hear from people (blackouts, bad hangovers, etc.).  Probably because I don't drink enough?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien