News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Salvador Dali on "What's My Line?"

Started by Queequeg, February 08, 2014, 04:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Queequeg

Garbon liked something I posted.  Honestly feel a bit flattered. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

Quote from: Queequeg on February 08, 2014, 07:15:55 PM

It was a great find anyway.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I had a feeling you'd be a bitch about it. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

I had a feeling you'd be a bitch about it. :P

Going out on limb for that feeling eh?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

More proof that Dali was a king of hamming it up for the camera. :wub:
Experience bij!

Josquius

This is truly bizzare. I just don't think of Dali as being of the era of TV...though of course he was.

This is a remarkably posh TV show. The sort of thing one expects of the BBC of the era, not the US. Germaine as a spoken word? Wow.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2014, 09:47:15 AM
This is truly bizzare. I just don't think of Dali as being of the era of TV...though of course he was.

This is a remarkably posh TV show. The sort of thing one expects of the BBC of the era, not the US. Germaine as a spoken word? Wow.

Jackson.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2014, 09:47:15 AM

There was a British version. It was posher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUA7DzMEcHs

'Wage-earning?' 'Is it practical? Do you meet the general public?'

Edit:
David Nixon: 'Is what you do an ordinary, pedestrian job?'
Chair: 'Yes.'
Guest: 'Yes, if you say so.' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

In a certain way DalĂ­ and TV made a very good pairing, he was a huge attention whore and a despicable human being, he'd make a killing nowadays.