News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gays destroy Europe!

Started by Syt, February 07, 2014, 12:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Weird thing about that rant is that Russia's in far more demographic trouble than gay-loving Britain, America, France... :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2014, 08:20:35 PM
Is navy culture a recent thing then?
Faggotry in the navy was an overstated phenomenon.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Did the navy put in on display?

Speaking of which - how about this number?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&feature=kp
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I'm not clicking a fag link.

garbon

Village People - In The Navy

You know, the one helped put together by the Navy?

Sheilbh

Why did no-one tell us disco was gay? :o
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on February 09, 2014, 02:58:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 05:48:50 PM

Yeah, I shouldnt have responded.  I knew that was the case and there is little point.

He has a point.  The Russians were homophobic during official atheism, they are still homophobic when they don't have official atheism, and they'd be homophobic if they all converted to Jainism.  Dislike of gays is part of Russian culture rather then part of the baggage of a religion.  Same thing with their dislike of Jews.  Under the Czar Jews were "Christ killers", under the soviets Jews were "rootless cosmopolitans", today they are "Zionist conspirators".  Hatred of Jews is independent of other factors.
This isn't unique to Russia, and this isn't unique to homophobia or anti-Semitism.  Russian society, like many throughout the world, is very ruthless.  Strength must be projected at all times and in all ways, even if you know that it's ultimately damaging for you, and weakness is to be picked at.  This kind of society is not exactly a fertile ground for tolerance of anything out of the mainstream.  What makes it noteworthy in case of Russia is that they are the only society that I'm aware of that hasn't outgrown that mindset as it advanced.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on February 09, 2014, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 09, 2014, 02:58:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 05:48:50 PM
Yeah, I shouldnt have responded.  I knew that was the case and there is little point.
He has a point.  The Russians were homophobic during official atheism, they are still homophobic when they don't have official atheism, and they'd be homophobic if they all converted to Jainism.  Dislike of gays is part of Russian culture rather then part of the baggage of a religion.  Same thing with their dislike of Jews.  Under the Czar Jews were "Christ killers", under the soviets Jews were "rootless cosmopolitans", today they are "Zionist conspirators".  Hatred of Jews is independent of other factors.
This isn't unique to Russia, and this isn't unique to homophobia or anti-Semitism.  Russian society, like many throughout the world, is very ruthless.  Strength must be projected at all times and in all ways, even if you know that it's ultimately damaging for you, and weakness is to be picked at.  This kind of society is not exactly a fertile ground for tolerance of anything out of the mainstream.  What makes it noteworthy in case of Russia is that they are the only society that I'm aware of that hasn't outgrown that mindset as it advanced.
But isn't that mindset common to libertarians and gays?

DGuller

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 09, 2014, 09:49:27 PM
Why did no-one tell us disco was gay? :o

Because it should have been obvious? :P
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on February 09, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
No.
Are you sure?  I've never known a gay or a libertarian who would avoid attacking a weakness.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 09, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
No.
Are you sure?  I've never known a gay or a libertarian who would avoid attacking a weakness.

Attacking weaknesses? How dull.

Neil

That's right up your ally.  Cruelty is what you're all about.