And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Another data point to show that women are a consistent source of disappointment and fustration.  :(

Congrats Canada.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 20, 2014, 02:59:57 PM
Yes

Ah good, thanks.  For some reason I was thinking they were ending on Mon or Tues.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on February 20, 2014, 03:11:56 PM
Another data point to show that women are a consistent source of disappointment and fustration.  :(

I am not sure why that should be.  They played a great game.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2014, 03:19:10 PM

They choked.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on February 20, 2014, 03:23:46 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2014, 03:19:10 PM

They choked.

The American Goalie made some amazing saves, the American defence was solid all game, the American forwards flew over the ice and were quicker than the Canadians.  Normally the word "Choke" is associated with not playing well.  If that definition of the word is accepted the Americans certainly did not choke.

The difference in the game was that the Canadian goalie stood on her head to keep the game close and then to keep the Americans from scoring in the OT.  That has nothing to do with the Americans playing poorly and everything to do with the Canadian goalie playing the game of her life.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2014, 03:36:51 PM
The American Goalie made some amazing saves, the American defence was solid all game, the American forwards flew over the ice and were quicker than the Canadians.  Normally the word "Choke" is associated with not playing well.  If that definition of the word is accepted the Americans certainly did not choke.

The difference in the game was that the Canadian goalie stood on her head to keep the game close and then to keep the Americans from scoring in the OT.  That has nothing to do with the Americans playing poorly and everything to do with the Canadian goalie playing the game of her life.

Sorry, but a two goal lead with less than five to go shouldn't be squandered. When the pressure was on they got rattled and gave up 3 goals in about 15 minutes. Choked.

derspiess

Agree with AR-- this is about as much a choke as you can get.  That's not to say the US gals didn't play a bad game overall-- nor to diminish what the Canuck chicks accomplished, it's just that the US had that elusive gold medal dead in their sights and couldn't finish out.

I'll probably re-watch the game tonight; I missed most of the important parts trying to watch it online.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Just like 1812 Canada foils our imperialistic expansionist plans for WORLD DOMINATION.  Next time Canadians, next time.  Our other Hockey team will avenge us tomorrow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2014, 05:28:47 PM
Fat chance.

I don't understand why you're so negative on Team USA's chances tomorrow.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2014, 05:29:37 PM
I don't understand why you're so negative on Team USA's chances tomorrow.

Expectations management.  :secret:

PRC

I think Team USA is the favourite going into the game tomorrow.  They've had the better tournament so far. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: PRC on February 20, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
I think Team USA is the favourite going into the game tomorrow.  They've had the better tournament so far.

iirc they have a higher seeding.