Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2014, 08:43:47 AM
"Gold! Fold for Germany!!!"
"After 70 years! At last new German victories on Russian soil!"

What East Germany's dominance at the 1980 Olympics doesn't count?

I am never clear on when East German medals count for Germany and when they don't :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 14, 2014, 09:47:14 AM
I don't think it is a black thing. :mellow:

15C is T-Shirt weather in Quebec.  If GF moved to somewhere hot like Vermont he might die of heat stroke.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2014, 09:50:01 AM

I am never clear on when East German medals count for Germany and when they don't :hmm:

Seems like for the joke, Russian puppet state wouldn't make much sense to count.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I think Speesh's point is that the more entrants a country is able to field, the higher their medal count will be.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2014, 09:50:01 AM

I'm just saying it's not fair to give full weight to the medals earned by "Germany" during the years there were two Germanys competing.  Because they had like twice the competitors during that time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

My experience is that blackman are easily cold. Especially the Haitians.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2014, 09:51:05 AM

15C is T-Shirt weather in Quebec.  If GF moved to somewhere hot like Vermont he might die of heat stroke.

There are plenty of white people in Vermont.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2014, 11:00:53 AM

Blackman? :mellow:

Anyway, I think it is clear, dear, that I can survive in colder weather. That doesn't make weather in the 50s warm nor weather to walk around shirtless in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I think Chinamen do okay in the cold, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

blackmen? should there be a space?

You'd be wrong.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2014, 11:06:30 AM
blackmen? should there be a space?

You'd be wrong.

Yeah blackmen is not a word.  Only nationalities get to skip the space like Frenchmen or Englishmen and even that is a little archaic.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 14, 2014, 11:05:51 AM
I think Chinamen do okay in the cold, though.

Yeah they enjoy hanging out in horrible places like Manchuria and Tibet.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2014, 11:09:42 AM
Yeah blackmen is not a word.

Incorrect.  It is now part of the Languish lexicon.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2014, 11:00:53 AM

Do you think that Haitians might get cold easily because they come from a really hot climate and didn't grow up in the cold? Seems odd to attribute that to skin color.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014