News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

And Canada gets the 6-0 win over Austria.  I think Luongo should get the start against the Finns.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on February 14, 2014, 02:13:52 PM
Screechy?

You're the one whining and refusing to carry on the conversation because your delicate sensibilities have been offended.

:lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on February 14, 2014, 02:13:52 PM
Screechy?

You're the one whining and refusing to carry on the conversation because your delicate sensibilities have been offended.

Stay out of this, hippie.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on February 14, 2014, 02:12:02 PM
I was just asking a question.  Not sure how that amounts to a shitpile worthy of your screechy response.

If not racism, I asked you what word you would use to describe someone who had a theory for differentiating people based on race?  If you cant defend your position so be it.  But I would hardly call my inquiry "screechy".  Your response - or lack of a reasoned response - would probably be better characterized that way.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 14, 2014, 02:24:44 PM
I was just asking a question.  Not sure how that amounts to a shitpile worthy of your screechy response.

If not racism, I asked you what word you would use to describe someone who had a theory for differentiating people based on race?  If you cant defend your position so be it.  But I would hardly call my inquiry "screechy".  Your response - or lack of a reasoned response - would probably be better characterized that way.

Indeed your response was best described as chicken shit. Using a rhetorical question rather than just calling him right out. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Racism implies the belief that one race is inherently superior to another, not simply to note that there are differences.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 14, 2014, 02:41:16 PMRacism implies the belief that one race is inherently superior to another, not simply to note that there are differences.

How do you define races when applies to humans?

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on February 14, 2014, 02:30:05 PM

Indeed your response was best described as chicken shit. Using a rhetorical question rather than just calling him right out. <_<

:lol:

Imagine how butthurt he would have been if I did that.  Instead I tried to get him to understand what he was actually doing.  I think he honestly believes he is not being racist.  In the same way that people honestly believed that dark skinned people couldnt play hockey not so long ago.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 14, 2014, 02:41:16 PM
Racism implies the belief that one race is inherently superior to another, not simply to note that there are differences.

What differences should be noted between the "races" and how does one define "race"?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 14, 2014, 02:44:48 PM
What differences should be noted between the "races"

What differences should not?  :huh:

PRC

Kunitz should also sit for the Canadians and Patrick Sharp is back in.  Kunitz looks totally lost out there, nice idea to bring him, but it was a mistake and he needs to sit.

Subban should also sit.  He made a bunch of bad reads / pinches that resulted in scoring chances for the Austrians.  That can't happen against the Russians, Finns, Americans, etc.

Luongo gets the next start.  He looked way more comfortable out there than Price.  Price would be probably be fine but Luongo gets the edge on experience.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2014, 02:46:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 14, 2014, 02:44:48 PM
What differences should be noted between the "races"

What differences should not?  :huh:

I think you miss the point of the artificiality of dividing humanity amongst "races".

crazy canuck

Quote from: PRC on February 14, 2014, 02:47:34 PM
Kunitz should also sit for the Canadians and Patrick Sharp is back in.  Kunitz looks totally lost out there, nice idea to bring him, but it was a mistake and he needs to sit.

Subban should also sit.  He made a bunch of bad reads / pinches that resulted in scoring chances for the Austrians.  That can't happen against the Russians, Finns, Americans, etc.

Luongo gets the next start.  He looked way more comfortable out there than Price.  Price would be probably be fine but Luongo gets the edge on experience.

Meh, when do they play against real competition?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 14, 2014, 02:48:37 PM
I think you miss the point of the artificiality of dividing humanity amongst "races".

You think incorrectly.