News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Black History Month 2014

Started by garbon, February 04, 2014, 06:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

It is shorter by 2-3 days in a typical year. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2014, 09:18:56 PM
Black History Momph is now over. Moving on.

Damn and we have to wait all the way until May for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on March 02, 2014, 05:55:32 AM
BTW, why is Black History Month always the shortest month?
Came out of celebrating birthdays of Lincoln and Douglass - both in February.

Black history month in the UK is in October. LGBT history month is in February.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
LGBT history month is in February.

Oh, goodie
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2014, 06:38:14 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2014, 09:18:56 PM
Black History Momph is now over. Moving on.

Damn and we have to wait all the way until May for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. 

We're now in Irish-American Heritage Month...well that or Women's History Month.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Nobody pays any attention to the other something history months. Not that we pay a whole lot to Black History month, but it does get mentioned.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 02, 2014, 07:03:57 PM
Not that we pay a whole lot to Black History month, but it does get mentioned.

Some of us pay more attention than others.  :mad:  Because it's the Right Thing To Do. 

Admiral Yi

I generally paid attention until I'd gone through the batting order twice.

CountDeMoney

Not all blacks are good at athletics.  That's a racist attitude.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 08:17:30 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 02, 2014, 07:03:57 PM
Not that we pay a whole lot to Black History month, but it does get mentioned.

Some of us pay more attention than others.  :mad:  Because it's the Right Thing To Do.

I d'int take you as the PC type. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 02, 2014, 08:35:27 PM
I d'int take you as the PC type. :P

I embrace the rich heritage of diversity that makes up the unique milieu that is our United States of America. 

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 02, 2014, 06:48:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
LGBT history month is in February.

Oh, goodie

That is enough transphobia out of you now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

He clearly has a problem with genderfluid pansexuals  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."