News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Carl Sagan is Truly Irreplaceable

Started by jimmy olsen, February 27, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2014, 12:56:55 PM
I'm surprised that FOX is actually producing it, what with their viewership and its fervently Biblical anti-intellectualism.

I wonder how much hate mail they're going to get about it for promoting godlessness homosexuality and whore pills.

Because they are fair and balanced. Quit being a hater. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

If only Bill O'Reilly hosted it instead of DeGrasse Tyson.   :P

Personally, I'd like to explore the nature of life on Megyn Kelly. 

Neil

I'm surprised that FOX is actually producing it, what with their viewership and its fervently Biblical anti-intellectualism.

I wonder how much hate mail they're going to get about it for promoting godlessness homosexuality and whore pills.
I think it has something to do with McFarlane being the only thing keeping their evenings going, especially if reality TV is starting to wane.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Fox News is too liberal.
They fired Glenn Beck.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2014, 09:12:04 AM

I think it has something to do with McFarlane being the only thing keeping their evenings going, especially if reality TV is starting to wane.

Was normal FOX ever so hyper-conservative as FOX News? Being an entertainment focused broadcaster wouldn't they normally go for content that appeals to as broad a base as possible?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 02, 2014, 02:02:48 PM
Was normal FOX ever so hyper-conservative as FOX News? Being an entertainment focused broadcaster wouldn't they normally go for content that appeals to as broad a base as possible?

Fox fought and won those battles years ago, back in the late '80s and early '90s. 
Besides, by the time The Simpsons or Beverly Hills 90210 came on, all the conservatards were asleep or watching The 700 Club anyway.

MadImmortalMan

Tyson is an awesome dude though. And Futurama defeats The Simpsons hands-down. Kudos to Seth for doing this.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers