News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Egyptian Army can cure AIDS, Hepatitis C

Started by Syt, February 28, 2014, 10:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Malthus on February 28, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
I see the Egyptian army is as good at medicine as it is at warfare. Is there nothing it cannot do?  :hmm:

Don't forget, they won the Ramadamn War.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2014, 11:07:20 AM
Aids with just one capital letter looks a little odd.

Did you check for other meaning of aids?

They might be talking of something else.
They are arabs after all.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on March 02, 2014, 03:58:53 PM
I see the Egyptian army is as good at medicine as it is at warfare. Is there nothing it cannot do?  :hmm:

Is that some subtle joke about how the Egytian 3rd Army had to fast during the day (and the night for that matter) until they surrendered?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on March 02, 2014, 04:04:15 PM

Is that some subtle joke about how the Egytian 3rd Army had to fast during the day (and the night for that matter) until they surrendered?

Oh no. That would be too clever for me.
Its a not too subtle joke about how the Egyptians have claimed for all these years they won the Yom Kippur War, which they call the Ramadan War.
Entire generations of Egyptians believe they won. Their TV shows, school books, songs, everything, tells them they won heroically, outnumbered and out-teched,  against the evil Israeli war machine.
Only the Egyptian soldiers that were there know the truth, as they also know they can't talk about it.

The Brain

It does seem counter-intuitive that Jewish boys would somehow kick ass. OTOH "Arab sports heroes" is even thinner.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on March 02, 2014, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 02, 2014, 04:04:15 PM

Oh no. That would be too clever for me.
Its a not too subtle joke about how the Egyptians have claimed for all these years they won the Yom Kippur War, which they call the Ramadan War.
Entire generations of Egyptians believe they won. Their TV shows, school books, songs, everything, tells them they won heroically, outnumbered and out-teched,  against the evil Israeli war machine.
Only the Egyptian soldiers that were there know the truth, as they also know they can't talk about it.

Having lived in Egypt I can confirm that this is the case. I can also confirm that talking politics with arabs is always a bad idea. Not because they are irrational, abrasive and maniacally prideful, not because at some point in every argument I get provoked into using the argument, "this is what your government TV tells you right? Well your government TV also tells you that your president/king isn't a corrupt cleptocrat", at which point my interlocutor gets very nervous looks around says "president/king is a good man" and never talks to me again.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.