I'm a centrist, he's not a bully
6 (19.4%)
I'm a righty, he's a bully.
4 (12.9%)
I'm a righty, he's not a bully.
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Admiral Yi

So I've been having a running debate with my pop (who's pretty lefty) about Christie being a bully.  I asked him for some links to videos of him bullying, this is one of them he pointed me to.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/01/chris-christie-bullying-videos

My theory is that whether one views him as a bully is a function of one's politics.  I was hoping the good folks of Languish could help answer this question.

I'm particularly interested in the opinions of the non-political posters.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

He strikes me as a typical New Jersey resident. Course, my understanding of that is heavily colored by mob shows & movies, so he may be a bully anyway.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Do you count me as a lefty, a centrist or a righty?

Based on the clips I don't think he's a bully. Telling morans to STFU isn't bullying.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 06:50:26 PM
with my pop (who's pretty lefty)

Good for him.  Now we know why you ended up the way you did.

DGuller

He seems like a bully on all 8 of the videos.  I'll give you the reasons why I think that after the videos finally load.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2014, 07:11:31 PM

That, and the econ degree, and experiencing zero Kelvin political correctness at the Kennedy School.

CountDeMoney

re: Chris Christie;  he's not necessarily a bully, but he is a bit of a dickhead with the media, which I would consider unbefitting of his office if he were from anywhere else but New Jersey.

On the other hand, his schtick got sour about 1 year into it.  After a while, dressing people down in public just isn't that amusing to watch anymore.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 31, 2014, 07:12:35 PM
He seems like a bully on all 8 of the videos.  I'll give you the reasons why I think that after the videos finally load.

:P

I assume "all 8" is part of the same joke?

MadImmortalMan

I'm not yet convinced he's done anything wrong, but he's enough of a bully I wouldn't want to work for him.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2014, 07:11:31 PM

That, and the econ degree, and experiencing zero Kelvin political correctness at the Kennedy School.

Wait, you got an econ degree and never got past the first chapter of the General theory of Employment, interest and money?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I am unconvinced of him being a bully.  I talk to people like that in public.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 31, 2014, 07:33:10 PM
Wait, you got an econ degree and never got past the first chapter of the General theory of Employment, interest and money?

:face: