I'm a centrist, he's not a bully
6 (19.4%)
I'm a righty, he's a bully.
4 (12.9%)
I'm a righty, he's not a bully.
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

CountDeMoney

Mother Jones has a responsibility to democratic discourse.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 09:11:46 PMWell, if that's what you meant by not handling criticism, then I agree.  And I think no one should be expected to "handle criticism."  I think people who want to get attention for being dickheads should post a video of themselves on Youtube.

nah, separate comment. the constituent video really shows off about the guy. it could be that was a particularly bad day, but it was so uncalled for. same with the teacher, and the SEALs guy who seemed like he wasn't doing anything too crazy

do you think politicians should not be held to a higher standard with how they act in public?

(fyi, i don't personally mind christie from what i've heard of him)

Admiral Yi

How do you draw your conclusion about the SEALs guy?  We don't hear a word he says.

I've already agreed that the lady asking about private schools is the best case for the Christie haters.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 09:17:50 PM
How do you draw your conclusion about the SEALs guy?  We don't hear a word he says.

I've already agreed that the lady asking about private schools is the best case for the Christie haters.

listen to the video again with the SEALs guy. does it sound like the guy is screaming "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU" ?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2014, 09:15:52 PM
do you think politicians should not be held to a higher standard with how they act in public?

Well, he hasn't punched anyone in the face like Buzz Aldrin, at least not yet...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2014, 09:15:52 PM
(fyi, i don't personally mind christie from what i've heard of him)

Don't start apologizing or qualifying your answers ex post facto.  Yi just sees that as weakness, and will use it against you later.

LaCroix

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on January 31, 2014, 09:18:43 PM
listen to the video again with the SEALs guy. does it sound like the guy is screaming "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU" ?

It doesn't sound like anything.

It does seem from Christie's response that he goes on ranting after Christie has started to answer his question.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 06:50:26 PM
I'm particularly interested in the opinions of the non-political posters.
Do we have this on Languish?

Seriously, is he, like, the Rob Ford of America, but without a drinking problem as an excuse to smoke crack and push people around? :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on January 31, 2014, 10:22:37 PM

Seriously, is he, like, the Rob Ford of America, but without a drinking problem as an excuse to smoke crack and push people around? :D

He's got a penchant for shouting and insulting people that question him.  Also, there are now three scandals surrounding him involving potential misappropriation of relief funds for recovery from Hurricane Sandy: 1) allegedly bypassing the bidding process and using Sandy funds to produce commercials featuring him and his family (this one is the subject of a NJAG investigation right now), 2) the lieutenant governor reportedly implying that Hoboken was getting screwed for funding because they weren't approving projects the Governor's office liked, and now 3) allegedly diverting unnecessary Sandy relief funds to Belleville (where no citizens were displaced) to bankroll a senior housing complex.
Experience bij!

Berkut

I don't know if he is a bully, but he seems like a pretty serious douchebag to me.

He is a politician, acting like a jerk to people who question him is d-bagish.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 31, 2014, 07:53:30 PM
I've said before I think his schtick is very direct and aggressive - or very Jersey.
What the fuck does this even mean?  Do you people think we just sit around and verbally abuse each other all day long?  I wonder how many of these newly-surfaced experts on New Jersey culture actually spent a day in New Jersey.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on January 31, 2014, 10:59:26 PM
What the fuck does this even mean?  Do you people think we just sit around and verbally abuse each other all day long?  I wonder how many of these newly-surfaced experts on New Jersey culture actually spent a day in New Jersey.

Seriously.  Most people think of New Jersey as what they've seen on The Sopranos, Jersey Shore, and The Real Housewives of New Jersey. :bleeding:

Film hasn't been much kinder, either, thank you, Kevin Smith: Jersey Girl, Dogma, Garden State, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, etc.
Experience bij!

Jacob

Speaking of Christie - apparently Wildstein, his appointee to the Port Authority, whom he claims to have barely known when they went to high school together, has come out and said that Christie knew all about the lane closings when they were going on (contarary to his public statements). He claims to have evidence to that effect. I guess Wildstein didn't enjoy the view from underneath the bus where he found himself,

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/31/port_authority_official_claims_chri.php

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on January 31, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2014, 06:50:26 PM
I'm particularly interested in the opinions of the non-political posters.

There are different degrees of political. Some of you obsess about this stuff way too much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?